Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 BMW 328xi Sport Wagon, 1984 Avanti 5.0 HO V8
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always thought that the all-silver nameplates on the doors of my 2012 look cheap. I thought they would look much better if the background was black and only the letters were silver. Apparently SOA realized this, and did just that on the 2013's. Not wanting to pay $90 for a pair of 2013 nameplates (and not being sure they were the same size), I was going to plasti-dip the background on my nameplates. I tried masking the tops of the letters with painters tape, and cutting the outline of each letter with an X-acto knife. That did not go well, in part because it is awkward to do with the nameplates on the car. I gave up after a few letters. Is there a better way to mask off the tops of the leters for painting the background? Are the nameplates attached by tape? They would be much easier to work on if removed from the doors.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6 Limited
213 Posts
I did not even notice there was a change in the '13 name plate design on doors. Yeah maybe I will black mine out too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts