Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Touring
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought a 2012 outback with factory nav. and I seem to be having some issues. when I go into the screen to set the clock there is nothing to adjust. everything I need is grayed out.
when I go to calendar all it has is the days across the top
nav does not show that I am on the correct road. I have tried to calibrate it a couple of times I am not sure just yet what all is not working correct but it seems that I am finding something new everyday with the radio/nav that does not seem right.
It is going into the dealer this week for puddle lights that are not working. I sure hope I do not regret buying this car. I think one thing that would help is to buy a nav manual since I did not get one and am not sure I am doing things

·
Registered
Fresh Out of Outbacks!
14,470 Posts
Don't get your hopes up. The Subaru Built-In Navigation Fan Club doesn't have many members, even if the machine is working right.

Now, the rest of the car should keep you smiling.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited 2.5 EyeSight & 2010 Legacy Premium, 2010 OB Limited (traded)
2,129 Posts
The 2012 nav isn't really leading edge but it's no all that bad. I bet most of your issues can be answered by downloading the owner's manual. Like, time adjustment is done automatically from the satellites. You just select daylight savings time or not. You can download the manual from mysubaru.com. However, if it really is not correctly identifying the road you are on it may require a trip to the dealer. Lots more info on your system here:http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums...ats-so-bad-about-2010-outback-navigation.html

·
Registered
2013 3.6R SAP BBP Outback
717 Posts
Definitely get the nav manual. The interface is not at all intuitive and you need the manual to figure how to get to settings screens. The volume setting alone would be very frustrating without the manual. The clock is not settable, except for standard/daylight savings time. The calendar view can be changed. Once you get it all set correctly, it will show the correct road if it's working right. However, it is very slow to update, so it will typically be behind the exact position. Based on all the guessing you've probably done with settings, you might want to do a reset to factory settings and start over once you get the manual. And, whether you get an electronic or paper copy of the manual, take it with you to the car when you do the settings. The multiple nested menus are complex.

Remind your dealer that some Outbacks have a recall for puddle light problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts