Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2013 Outback Limited, Special Appearance Pkg, With the Nav package. I have had the car for for 4 weeks on the nav has rebooted itself twice out of the blue. When it happen the first time I took it to the dealer and they were not able to find anything wrong. It happen again yesterday. Has anyone experience this issue with the Nav?

·
Registered
'13 2.5Ltd w/EyeSight ::::: '02 2.5Ltd AT
95 Posts
Almost identical story. One month in (to the day, if memory serves) the nav initialized. The day started just like any other day--drove from home 1 mile and dropped off kid at school (parked and turned off car). Hopped in car and headed to work, nav rebooted 20 seconds into trip.

Nav: Recalculating (or some such thing)
Me: dafuq...?

I had to set the language, agree to the terms, etc. (and reset the volume, of course). No problems since (it's just happened the once).

I blame sunspots. Not because I have any reason to, but I blame them nevertheless.

·
Registered
2013 3.6 White SAP
121 Posts
I am having the same issue. Most times when I start the car, within a minute or two, I have one or two resets. I contacted SOA and they claim to be unaware of this and referred me to a Dealer for service. I suspect it is a software issue but maybe not.

2013 SAP

·
Registered
2013 3.6 White SAP
121 Posts
[quote='13 Brown]My dealer replace my Nav unit with a new one. It was confirmed after the unit was replaced that it did reboot several time. Three days after the new one was installed it rebooted but I have not seen it do it since. ( Its has been about a month now). SOA was very interested in this event. The unit was shipped back to be reviewed. So you can tell your dealer that a Puyallup, WA dealer had an Outback with this same issue. It is documented event and SOA is aware of it.[/quote]

Adding this to the thread

·
Registered
2013 3.6 White SAP
121 Posts
I have been monitoring to try to get some data on what triggers the reboot. So far, for me at least, it seems related to the phone trying to connect via Bluetooth. I have turned off my phone and have not seen a reboot in several days.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,528 Posts
I have been monitoring to try to get some data on what triggers the reboot. So far, for me at least, it seems related to the phone trying to connect via Bluetooth. I have turned off my phone and have not seen a reboot in several days.
As mentioned earlier in my post, I had to turn bluetooth off both, on my phone (Galaxy S III) and on my NAV unit (13 OB). Bluetooth connect to cell phone kept turning on/off randomly every couple of minutes with annoying messages on my NAV display. I went to my dealer and they said that they don't sell too many cars with the NAV unit and wanted me to leave the car there for a couple of days. The problem is that since I did not buy the car from them, they would not give me a loaner. So I am stuck with this situation and will monitor this blog site for possible remedy from SOA that others have.

·
Registered
2013 3.6 White SAP
121 Posts
As mentioned earlier in my post, I had to turn bluetooth off both, on my phone (Galaxy S III) and on my NAV unit (13 OB). Bluetooth connect to cell phone kept turning on/off randomly every couple of minutes with annoying messages on my NAV display. I went to my dealer and they said that they don't sell too many cars with the NAV unit and wanted me to leave the car there for a couple of days. The problem is that since I did not buy the car from them, they would not give me a loaner. So I am stuck with this situation and will monitor this blog site for possible remedy from SOA that others have.
Have you contacted SOA? I sent them an email and they claimed that they were unaware of any reboot issue. It seems related to the bluetooth (too bad). I used my car for a week with no issue and last night when my wife and I went out I forgot to turn off my phone. Sure enough, the system reset, twice. I will contact SOA again and I will do as they ask and take my car to the dealer.

·
Registered
2013 3.6 White SAP
121 Posts
After turning Bluetooth "Auto Connect" off, I thought things were better. I was wrong. While I see the reboot less, I still get it. I took the car to the dealer (as requested by SOA). Of course, they didn't duplicate the problem but while on the phone to SOA, they were informed that this is popping up too often. I was told that they are working on it.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Adding to the thread....Nav in my new 2013 SAP reset twice today while driving. Only 300 miles on the car but just reset out of the blue today.

First time the radio went off (it was on ipod mode at the time), the screen went black, then it came back up with the "Subaru" screen as if I had just started the car (only I was driving down the road at 35mph). Everything came back on as normal.

About 60 seconds later the screen went to a bunch of wierd white lines and dashes, then it went black and reset the Nav back to default settings (select language, etc).

Has not happened again but will keep an eye out. Will contact my dealer if it does so again.

·
Registered
2013 Outback
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Let the dealer know or SOA will not fix it. The more people tell that them there is an issue with this thing the faster it will get fixed. I have opened a case with SOA, I have heard nothing, two months. Talking to the dealer is does no good they are clueless.

·
Registered
2013 3.6 White SAP
121 Posts
I contacted SOA today and nothing on their end for a fix.

When you get the double reboot, you will notice that some of the config parameters for the NAV are reset as well. I keep a Garmin in the glove box as the NAV is pretty useless for me right now.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
It did it again today so I called my dealer. They said first time they heard of it. The guy checked their technician (knowledge base) and found nothing. Asked me to bring it in so they can check for loose connectors.

This time it was after I had shut the car off, when I started back up it was in initialization mode.

We'll see where this goes....

BTW on the last post above, mine has reset all the Nav features to default every time.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Off to the dealer today to have them check it out. They said it's probably loose connections on the back of the unit, but given what I have read above I am thinking that this is not likely....

·
Registered
2013 Satin white 2.5 Subaru Outback Limited w/ special appearance package
22 Posts
Adding to the thread....Nav in my new 2013 SAP reset twice today while driving. Only 300 miles on the car but just reset out of the blue today.

First time the radio went off (it was on ipod mode at the time), the screen went black, then it came back up with the "Subaru" screen as if I had just started the car (only I was driving down the road at 35mph). Everything came back on as normal.

About 60 seconds later the screen went to a bunch of wierd white lines and dashes, then it went black and reset the Nav back to default settings (select language, etc).

Has not happened again but will keep an eye out. Will contact my dealer if it does so again.
Just wanted to add to the growing list of owners having this issue.
I have had our 2013 Subaru Outback with nav now for 3-weeks and have experienced exactly as you described three times now.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
OK, so I now have a brand new AHA Nav system in my 2013. I had been to the dealer for the "reset" issue as noted above. They suggested replacing the Nav unit. Around the same time I got the AHA/Starlink upgrade notice, so we(the dealer and I) decided to wait on the Nav unit replacement to install the upgraded unit.

SOOO...now the upgraded unit is in and today....unbelieveable....it reset itself again while driving just like it did before.

I am thinking this is not an issue with the Nav/Audio unit but rather is an issue with the power supply to the unit. Maybe thru the push button start or something?? It seems like the car just cuts power to the Nav/Audio unit and then powers it back up.

Wondering about push button start as the source of the problem since everyone who has posted above on this has an SAP.

Anyone who has responded above get to any sort of resolution with this issue??

·
Registered
2013 Satin white 2.5 Subaru Outback Limited w/ special appearance package
22 Posts
No resolution yet.
Been to dealer twice and contacted Subaru corporate. Same story each time, not aware of any issues, new to them.
I just want Subaru to acknowledge there is an issue and they are working on it.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
My dealer talked to SOA today. They are currently thinking its a ground fault and recommending they check the ground point for the unit. They will be researching more and getting back to me soon....

·
Registered
2013 3.6 White SAP
121 Posts
I took my Outback in and asked them to replace the NAV (SOA said the last time I took it in that replacement would be the next step). However, I was informed, by the dealer, that since they cannot replicate the problem, there is nothing they can do. I called SOA and registered my displeasure with this response and I am waiting to hear what the plan is.

Are we all SAPs?
Is this an issue with SAPs only?

·
Registered
2013 3.6 White SAP
121 Posts
So yesterday, SOA told me that I need to troubleshoot the NAV reboot. But they did say that the dealer could help me. How generous!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts