Subaru Outback Forums banner

Navi traffic need activation?

1136 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  AvidHiker
Hi, I bought 18 OB with Navi. It includ 3yr traffic and map update. To get the real time us traffic data, do I need to contact SiriusXM?:RTFM:
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2015 3.6R Limited w/ES
5,388 Posts
After letting my free subscription lapse, I resubscribed to the traffic service but it never went active on my head unit, even after sending a refresh signal. Ended up having to spend 15 minutes on the phone with them to get that resolved. Just FYI.

· Registered
2015 3.6R Limited w/ES
5,388 Posts
No argument that Waze is a much better service, but in some parts of the country at least (NY metro, in my case), I find SiriusXM's traffic to be quite usable (and the 1 year promo rate is less than $2 a month). Since I can't mirror my screen on the 2015's head unit, I much prefer the clean nav integration to mounting a phone. Of course, I always have my phone handy when comprehensive traffic-avoidance is critical - SiriusXM's service mostly covers major roads and highways, and can't update nearly as fast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.