Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Outback Touring 18
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I bought 18 OB with Navi. It includ 3yr traffic and map update. To get the real time us traffic data, do I need to contact SiriusXM?:RTFM:

·
Registered
2015 3.6R Limited w/ES
3,962 Posts
After letting my free subscription lapse, I resubscribed to the traffic service but it never went active on my head unit, even after sending a refresh signal. Ended up having to spend 15 minutes on the phone with them to get that resolved. Just FYI.

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Limited - Magnetite - LP Adventure lift
508 Posts
Youre better off using waze. The XM traffic is semi-accurate, but not nearly as effective as waze. Not even close.

·
Registered
2015 3.6R Limited w/ES
3,962 Posts
No argument that Waze is a much better service, but in some parts of the country at least (NY metro, in my case), I find SiriusXM's traffic to be quite usable (and the 1 year promo rate is less than $2 a month). Since I can't mirror my screen on the 2015's head unit, I much prefer the clean nav integration to mounting a phone. Of course, I always have my phone handy when comprehensive traffic-avoidance is critical - SiriusXM's service mostly covers major roads and highways, and can't update nearly as fast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts