Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Second time that my map display just shows a white screen. When I search for a POI I get Mexico sites. When i pick a location it says route calculation unsuccessful.

First time after trying a few different POI’s it returned to normal. Dealer updated map and couldn't find an issue.

I updated map without issues but now his has popped up. Trying toupdate region but through a hot spot takes too long.

Any suggestions???

·
Registered
666 Posts
OFFD,

Always give us the model, year and mileage of your vehicle. In your case an older model will use a CD disc to update the nav unit, while newer cars use a USB flash drive.

Your post is very confusing.

If the dealer updated the nav unit, why then did you do it again? And " then this popped up"? What did? And how would you update the region from a hotspot when the nav system runs off GPS satellites not wireless?

I'm not trying to be a smarta## here, but your post is all over the place and I for one can't figure out what you're trying to get corrected and how you're going about it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 2019 Outback touring with 8,000 miles. I updated the nav with a USB in August. It worked fine in AZ. But in California it shows me a blank screen and POI's are for Mexico. Took it to Frank Subaru in National City and their tech could not get the head unit to accept an update. They suggest it is fried and needs repalcement. Will have to take it back home to confirm diagnosis and tey will then order a replacement.

·
Registered
666 Posts
OFFD,

Sometimes sh## happens and in your case Subaru is going to replace the head unit. No big deal other than the inconvenience of the service trip to get it replaced. Shouldn't take much more than an hour to do. Good Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
gbhrps
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing