Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is really silly.
I want navigation and backup camera. Grouping moonroof with backup camera is really stupid. And making this a requirement for navigation is even more stupid..
Just saying.....

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Sienna, miss my eyesight. Life moves on.
982 Posts
This is really silly.
I want navigation and backup camera. Grouping moonroof with backup camera is really stupid. And making this a requirement for navigation is even more stupid..
Just saying.....
Most people don't want the nav but get forced into buying it for other features. You and I are proof on different levels why you cant please everyone.

·
Registered
2012 outback limited
237 Posts
Duh, finally hit me after all these complaints ! Possible the moonroof is required, so the GPS signal is seen better through the glass. Only real life issue to force people to buy it.

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Sienna, miss my eyesight. Life moves on.
982 Posts
Duh, finally hit me after all these complaints ! Possible the moonroof is required, so the GPS signal is seen better through the glass. Only real life issue to force people to buy it.
Except the moon roof has a slider you can close.

·
Registered
2015 Limited Outback fully loaded
168 Posts
Go12, the moonroof has nothing to do with the NAv's reception. Or all cars would need it. The receiver is under the dash or on the roof in most cases, and "sees" through the windshield or is right on top of the car. Cheers!

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Grouped option packages are common with all manufacturers these days. It's cheaper for the car manufacturer to build and results in more profit at the time of sale.

·
Registered
2012 Outback 3.6R
511 Posts
I agree. I wanted the backup camera after renting an Outback that had one which sold me on the Outback which I did later purchase. But the moon roof is about as useful to me as $%^ are on a %*@. I see a moon roof as something that will leak water in later years. I do like the camera and use it almost every time I go into reverse.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally decided to ditch both nav and the moonroof package..
I was not too impressed with the NAV.. I can live with a $150 Garmin with lifetime maps..
Moonroof was something that I never wanted..
The back up camera was the only one that I really needed... But, because of this package mishap, I had to pass on it..
But, honestly, I cannot get rid of looking over the shoulder when backing up, given that the OBs rear visibility is one of the best..
(I sat in a Honda Crosstour, and I wan't even sure if it had a rear glass...)
I'll probably just install a backup sonar system to compensate for my backup camera... I have seen the sonar system work fine in some of my previous cars..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts