Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Outback 2.5 Ltd with Nav, Eyesite, loaded.
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a member with a 2013 navigation by Fitjusi-Ten who can get to La Mirada, CA to meet with a company that makes by-pass kits for navi systems to let them look at the navi head? The manuals they have which were posted here do not give them adequate information. If successful after looking, they will make a plug in cable to disable the motion sensor with no wiring changes to the system.

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5i
47 Posts
Sorry, won't be able to get to La Mirada, but I'm very interested in the results of their findings if they can get hold of AVN827GA unit.

Cheers,

Oldfella

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, won't be able to get to La Mirada, but I'm very interested in the results of their findings if they can get hold of AVN827GA unit.

Cheers,

Oldfella
Are we POSITIVE it is not the AVN726?? Too bad you can't get there, but maybe someone else on the list can.

·
Premium Member
2013 Outback 3.6R Ltd- Nav, Eyesight, HK, Graphite Gray Metallic
815 Posts
My Outback has the AVN827GA installed and assumed that you were asking about that SatNav being the latest model that Fitjusti-TEN has released.

AVN827GA | Navigation | Products | ECLIPSE | Fujitsu Ten

This is a link to the manuals for that unit

AVN827GA | Navigation | Products | ECLIPSE | Fujitsu Ten

Cheers,

Oldfella
Is there any way to find out the model number of my Nav/Audio unit without removing it from the center console and inspecting the back? I have a '13 OB Ltd with HK/nav/eyesight

thanks

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,017 Posts
You're getting my hopes up --again. You might want to post this in the Gen4 forum, you'll get a lot more eyes on it.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
With right hand drive you might not even be on the same continent as La Mirada.;)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Eclipse navi head that we have from Fujutsu Ten is also available in Australia. One of the techy guys there replied as follows:

There is a wire on the back of the deck called a handbrake wire. It needs to see power AFTER ignition has been triggered and then earth. It’ll then assume the handbrake is up.

Need someone to try this!

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
The Eclipse navi head that we have from Fujutsu Ten is also available in Australia. One of the techy guys there replied as follows:

There is a wire on the back of the deck called a handbrake wire. It needs to see power AFTER ignition has been triggered and then earth. It’ll then assume the handbrake is up.

Need someone to try this!
That would require a two pole switch. One pole for proper operation when starting and the other to ground for the hack. Isn't there a speed sensor that needs to be addressed?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is another response from an Australian car stereo shop:

If it's anything like the eclipse units sold here in Australia (cant see why it would be different) it should be a teal/mint colour wire which is connected to your park brake, put it straight to earth, if its canbus and goings through your computer, you should be able to bypass it, you might need to go see and Audio Technician or and Auto Electrician. We bypass them all the time.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is another response from an Australian car stereo shop:

If it's anything like the eclipse units sold here in Australia (cant see why it would be different) it should be a teal/mint colour wire which is connected to your park brake, put it straight to earth, if its canbus and goings through your computer, you should be able to bypass it, you might need to go see and Audio Technician or and Auto Electrician. We bypass them all the time.

If someone wants to email me I can give them the phone number of this fellow in Australia, and perhaps he can be more specific on the phone and we can all get a fix to this annoying and unnecessary problem.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,528 Posts
So - is it "light green" or "teal/mint" wire then? Or "pink" ... to be disconnected...?

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
So - is it "light green" or "teal/mint" wire then? Or "pink" ... to be disconnected...?
I don't think any are disconnected. In the past(2010-2012) the green wire would be grounded. I am still of the opinion the pink will be an issue. I think the two work in tandem. Speed and brake sensors are opposing each other. That's my WAG.

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Limited Carbide Gray
832 Posts
If it's like the US spec versions then the light green that needs to be grounded. The pink wire is usually used as a speed reference and needs to stay connected to keep the GPS in sync with your actual speed and position. If it needs to be power then ground cycled like someone else mentioned earlier it might be worth looking into a PAC TR-7 that is used on Alpine models that need similar cycling. The color codes are exactly the same as the aftermarket industry and its rare to find an OEM using those colors. With a little effort it might be able to be found if it is an OEM color and not light green.

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5i
47 Posts
It all depends on how and when the AVN827GA is installed in your vehicle.

Subaru Australia fully imports our Outbacks from Japan. The model line up includes 2.5i, 2.5i Premium, 3.6R Premium, 2.0 Diesel and 2.0 Diesel Premium. The AVN827GA is fitted here (by whom???) to the 2.5i, 2.5i Premium, 2.0 D Premium. Not sure when the McIntosh System is installed in the 3.6R Premium or when the standard AM/FM radio/CD player is installed in the 2.0 Diesel.

Currently there is some confusion with Subaru Dealers as to whether the AVN827GA is classed as a "Factory Install" or as an "Aftermarket Install" especially in regard to map updates. I have been advised, either way, that the warranty will be covered by Subaru.

Can a USA Outback owner confirm the situation there? Assuming this will have some bearing on how the unit is connected to the vehicle's wiring harness and if the "fix" can be applied to all AVN827GA units.

Cheers,

Oldfella

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,528 Posts
One of the posters, who works at SIA, advised earlier on this forum, that the NAV wiring is done by an outside vendor (at SIA assembly plant) and Subaru just plugs in the Fujitsu-10 NAV unit. Nobody on this forum yet confirmed, what Fujitsu model it is....so, we are not sure Oldfella....it's a never ending guessing game on these shores. Someone already pulled the unit out only to find that there is no model number indicated on the unit chassis...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cars are purchased with the navi in the USA and are considered factory installed. They are not aftermarket installed. The maps are available on an SD card, and can be purchased by the owner.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts