Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I am about ready, and I think the eyesight option is a good one...now, how about the navigation, I always worry that it will stop working at some point and then I have this thing in the car that is useless. I have no issue using a GPS when I need one but not sure I need a built in one. Now the eyesight seems like a good option especially as I get older and with cell phone and other things as a distraction for me and for those other's on the road. I intend to keep this car for many years as I will probably not drive too much each year (just had back surgery, driving is not the joy it once was)...

Any feedback on this would really be appreciated. Thanks

JRS

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
While not ideal, aftermarket, in-dash nav units aren't very expensive nowadays. So if the stock systems craps out entirely, just throw in an aftermarket unit that's probably superior anyways and call it a day.

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
My high end custom car interior and systems buddy told me $1200 to replace the antique in my 07 Sequoia I bought this summer. The new system would have all the new blue tooth functions along with all the data feed type service capability with the NAV system - along with a very advanced audio capability which his shop actually custom tunes so each seat in the vehicle gets a certain type of audio experience based on vehicle speed - noise etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The built in Navigation unit in the 2013 Outback is crazy good... It's easy to use voice commands for setting destinations, and routes.... This GPS unit is about as intuitive as it gets... With XM service you are provided with constant updates on traffic delays and advisories.... The unit also shows where delay points are even before you begin your trip... If you are worried about durability consider an extended warranty package... I can't say enough good things about this unit and I have used recent Ford, GM, and VW units as well as Tom Tom, Magellan,and Garmin.

As a side note I do enjoy the EyeSight..... In traffic it's nice not having to hit the + and - all the time to adjust speed.... It's a very smooth speed adjustment and it allows you to set your "following" distance to o the car that is in front of you.... And it will bring you to a complete stop if the car in front is stopping.... And accelerate again... I might add though that when the vehicle in front stops, the Eyesight decelerates at quite a rapid pace... Don't expect a gradual deceleration....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Had the nav system for a day and its not so bad. Its a little slow but not horrible. My Acura nav in my 06 was MUCH better as far as responsiveness, but it only had the 2D view. I like the 3d view.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
Boston_4runner
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing