Navigation screen protector:
Anyone have one?
Do I need one?
If so what brand/type do you have?

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
You don't need one .... just get a 3M computer screen cleaning cloth (kind of expensive) and wipe NAV screen off once in a while.....

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
'13 OB, Black, SAP
271 Posts
I was wanting the same thing! I have an extra sheet (Skinomi, or Zagg) I used for my IPAD and Xoom.

Just need to cut out a piece to fit. I did the same thing for my Garmins to keep the screens like new.

·
Premium Member
2013 Outback 3.6R Ltd- Nav, Eyesight, HK, Graphite Gray Metallic
815 Posts
I don't think it really needs one, but I put one on anyway. It's kind of a habit of mine - I've always used them on my phones and my Garmins. Until Moshi came out with their superior screen protector for the iPhone/iPad, I always used anti-glare shields from Boxwave. For my '13 OB, they didn't have a screen shield with an exact fit, so they helped me find one a bit larger and I trimmed it. This screen shield was made for an Acura TL and can be found here: 2005 Acura TL Navigation System ClearTouch Anti-Glare - Award winning anti-glare screen protection and enhancement for your 2005 Acura TL Navigation System. True innovation.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think it really needs one, but I put one on anyway. It's kind of a habit of mine - I've always used them on my phones and my Garmins. Until Moshi came out with their superior screen protector for the iPhone/iPad, I always used anti-glare shields from Boxwave. For my '13 OB, they didn't have a screen shield with an exact fit, so they helped me find one a bit larger and I trimmed it. This screen shield was made for an Acura TL and can be found here: 2005 Acura TL Navigation System ClearTouch Anti-Glare - Award winning anti-glare screen protection and enhancement for your 2005 Acura TL Navigation System. True innovation.

Nice! Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was wanting the same thing! I have an extra sheet (Skinomi, or Zagg) I used for my IPAD and Xoom.

Just need to cut out a piece to fit. I did the same thing for my Garmins to keep the screens like new.

JC do you have a pic you can post of the Headlight armor smoked taillight film? Thinking this would look good on my black SAP.

·
Registered
'13 OB, Black, SAP
271 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 Outback 3.6R Ltd- Nav, Eyesight, HK, Graphite Gray Metallic
815 Posts
Budaru:
Doesn't that cut down on retina display sharpness and color ?
yes it does, a bit. But looking at the scratches on the screen shield after a year or so, especially on my iPhone, I'm glad I use them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts