Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
We just purchased a 2016 Outback to replace our 2008 one. We love it. However, I’m confused on how or even if we can mirror our phone to the infotainment screen in order to view navigation apps such as Google Maps or Waze. Our system does not have a map button incorporated into the system. Is there a way to display the phone map or are we stuck just using the phone to view navigation?

·
Registered
20 Outback Premium
777 Posts
I might be wrong but I believe that feature wasn't added until the 2018 model year. If yours has bluetooth you should still be able to get the audio navigation commands thru the car speakers.

·
Registered
2018 Touring 3.6R
903 Posts
"Screen mirroring" for select apps was not available until Apple Carplay/Android Auto was added starting in 2018.

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
4,003 Posts
See if it has MirrorLink which I know my 2017 has but I don't know what previous years had it. It doesn't work with my phone so I have no idea what all can be done with it but it might be worth checking out. I would keep the expectations very low from what I have learned about it, but there might be some functionality to it if you have a phone that can use it.

·
Registered
2015 3.6R Limited w/ES
3,009 Posts
MirrorLink was it, but only worked with old android phones (and not very well), iirc. Whoever created that app stopped supporting it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts