Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2019, Subaru Outback Limited 3.6R
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a rear seat barrier like this but a **** of a lot cheaper!
This thing is seriously overpriced.

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
3,708 Posts
Honestly I don't think those prices are all that bad assuming the quality is decent. Those attic nets are kind of interesting, but with my ivory interior anything I would put up there would quickly make the headliner look like crap.

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
10,668 Posts
I agree. Price is reasonable. The only way it's going to get significantly cheaper is DIY .

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
But it might stop that case of Corona Beer in the back from smacking you in the head if you get in a wreck.
That'll help when you're rushing out to buy large quantities and driving like a madman... 70 day supply left.

Prices on those don't look terrible. If you want to see expensive, go to their "nets by size" section and browse some of the sizes for a universal fit one.

·
Registered
2010 2.5 CVT Premium
1,086 Posts
Those are pricey but they claim to be made of premium materials and made in USA. If I had an explicit need for such high quality products, I'd suck it up and buy it....it will hurt a bit but there is truth in the saying: buy quality once, cry once.

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
Agree with the others, prices do not seem unreasonable.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Limited, No Eyesight, No Navigation
2,731 Posts
I am not sure of your use for that, but my dog would chew through that like my dog chews through any heavy duty harness or leash. I would be p*ssed because it is not inexpensive. Just keep that in mind if you have a chewer.

·
Registered
2019, Subaru Outback Limited 3.6R
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No dog.
I just do not want a repeat of an incident my friend and I had long ago in a 1984 Mustang GT fastback. Just two guys without a care in the world, rear seat folded down and a very large, very full craftsman metal toolbox 🧰

·
Registered
2017 3.6r Touring
23 Posts
I’ve actually pulled the trigger on a few of their products and so far I’d say they were worth it. It’s big money but they are nice! Haven’t used any for the outback yet.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
25,967 Posts
No dog.
I just do not want a repeat of an incident my friend and I had long ago in a 1984 Mustang GT fastback. Just two guys without a care in the world, rear seat folded down and a very large, very full craftsman metal toolbox 🧰
the bane of driving a hatchback vs. a sedan. = in a sedan you can X the rear seat belts and hold back the world. (or at least 500#s of fat americans)

"hold onto bubble...the empty tool box"

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium
74 Posts
No dog.
Then you don't want to go cheap... 🙄

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
3,708 Posts
No dog.

Then you don't want to go cheap... 🙄
This brought to mind the old Bell ad for motorcycle helmets from the 60s or 70s I believe.

If you have a $10 head, buy a $10 helmet. If your head is worth more, buy a Bell

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
6,783 Posts
If you have a $10 head, buy a $10 helmet. If your head is worth more, buy a Bell
What a blast from the past! I had owned a white fiberglass Bell 500 helmet for quite a while before I ever owned a motorcycle.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts