Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Outback
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a utility trailer that is light enough for my new 05 Subaru Outback. Is anyone aware of a Canadian (Ontario) manufacturer for one? I understand the Sub can only tow 1000 kg. max without trailer brakes.

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
MY04 OBS
30 Posts
Hey Dano,

Try Marine Cradle Ride (in Markham I think).

They custom build a ton of trailers, and might have something you can use.

·
Registered
2005 Outback
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sub trailer

Thanks, I'll check them out. Someone on another board suggested one sold at Costco and made in Canada. Can't find it on the Costco website and I'm not a member. Have you heard of this one? He thought it was called "White Bear".
Dano

·
Registered
2005 Outback
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sergeant:
Marine Cradle only sells boat trailers.

I also just realized that I said the '05 could tow 1,000 KG. It's actually only 1,000 lbs -- that's a big difference. The weight of the utility trailers at Home Depot, Snow Bear, etc. is around 500 lbs. which doesn't leave much room for even a half cubic yard of earth.

And none of the utility trailers come with brakes!!

Looks like I'm SOL.

Dano:(

·
Registered
50 Posts
Dano said:
Sergeant:
Marine Cradle only sells boat trailers.

I also just realized that I said the '05 could tow 1,000 KG. It's actually only 1,000 lbs -- that's a big difference. The weight of the utility trailers at Home Depot, Snow Bear, etc. is around 500 lbs. which doesn't leave much room for even a half cubic yard of earth.

And none of the utility trailers come with brakes!!

Looks like I'm SOL.

Dano:(
Are you sure about the 1000LBS towing capacity? Because my owners manual for a '97 OB says 2000LBS w/o brakes... and I've tested it... just might be worth another look, I'm pretty sure the XT can do 3000LBS

enouen

·
Registered
194 Posts
Harbor Freight sell some inexpensive utility trailers. Check their website for some details. I believe some assembly might be required for some of them though.

·
Registered
'05 3.0 R LLBean
12 Posts
FYI...From my 3.0 R Owner's manual

When towing a trailer without brakes. - 1,000 lbs (453 kg)

When towing a trailer with brakes. - 3,000 lbs (1,360 kg)

When towing a trailer on a long uphill grade continuously for over 5 miles (8 km) with an outside temperature of 104°F (40°C) or above. - 1,500 lbs (680 kg)
:)D ...yea, and when there's a full moon on even numbered days?... ;) )

·
Registered
50 Posts
that's CRAZY

Enouen

1 - 8 of 8 Posts