Subaru Outback Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the swaybars and now need the rear swaybar braces.. I need to find these before I can have them installed as the factory brace is to weak to handle the upgraded 19mm bar as it can snap.
I really need these and will pay a modest amount for them..
Avo Rear Swaybar braces for a 08 Outback 3.0
all that will fit also would be for 05-09 Legacy Gt Outback as the rearend is the same.

·
Registered
Lawn ornament XT
14,366 Posts
Yeah, they are probably closing out their last Legacy platform stuff... that model is 5 years gone at this point and there is no new LGT anymore.

Glad I got mine while I could. I wonder if there's anything left I should pick at?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also due to the also lack of most upgrading there Outbacks and those who do are not told they need the extra bracing, also Avo is a small company and having a small production. I have talked to Paul at Avo turbo in Seattle and Infamous in Cali and all have said the stock is all gone at all other suppliers. Really sucks now that I have my sways and cannot have them installed till I can find braces. I have been thinking if I can find a shop to create a brace?

·
Registered
Lawn ornament XT
14,366 Posts
The avo braces weren't that complicated... it's just a steel plate and a section of tube welded up.

Yes, the measurements are fairly critical, but a good metal fab guy ought to be able to knock out a duplicate in a couple of hours. I'm sure it would be cheaper to score a used set though.

You can use your new sway bar without the brackets. Yes, there is some danger of breaking the stock mounts but unless you already have a lot of rust or are planning to take the car on a skidpad right away I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very true. I have found Cobb's braces and in hopes they would fit on my outback,that say legacy outback. Hoping they will fit as I want to get the sways put on and braces on at same time as living here in Pullman I have to go to Spokane for anything after install as there is no one here that would take the challenge and seemed scared to do work like this. I just dont want to take the chance of the factory mounts bending or breaking and then its a 350 for a new rear end.

If you come across any used or new let me know.

·
Registered
Lawn ornament XT
14,366 Posts
Bars & brackets are both easy DIY installs, done together or separately.

If it says 05-09 legacy outback it'll fit. It's just confusing because the very first outbacks were just a trim version of the legacy. Later it became its own model, so everyone's parts references says something different.

You'll love the new bar.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Avo or Cobb so far are the ones I have found that make the braces. Not sure if the Cobb braces fit and they are out till jan 3.
There are just not alot of aftermarket braces due to the lack of many not upgrading their Outback/Legacy GT.
So searching for used or new Avo/Cobb and if any other makers that anyone can find.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.