Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone knew if the DRL module and the Illumination Control Module on an 03 H6 Outback might share a bulkhead connector or a ground or ???.

I have mentioned in other posts about the illumination issue and I do have a replacement module, but I also recently noticed intermittent operation of the Daytime Running Lights. (I also have an intermittent brake light, but I think that's from a sticking float in the brake fluid reservoir)

just wondering if a schematic shows anything in common?

thanx

·
Registered
17,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no Illum module found on those but, thanx

wonder where earth gnd-03 and the drl module are physically?

·
Registered
18,291 Posts
GND-03 is not a ground point, it's one of 10 pages in the ground distribution section of the wiring diagrams.

I don't have the 2003, but here's the 2002 section

The illumination control itself is found in the "Clearance Light and Illumination section. But it's also found in the ground section as far as the ground path is concerned.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
14,458 Posts
Is this what you are looking for? 4 control lighting: DRL, combination switch, keyless entry and the integrated module, black box under the dash.

Most everything in the passenger area is grounded at the kick panels. Black wires with green screws attaching the lugs to the body.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is this what you are looking for? 4 control lighting: DRL, combination switch, keyless entry and the integrated module, black box under the dash.

Most everything in the passenger area is grounded at the kick panels. Black wires with green screws attaching the lugs to the body.

OK! the first schem. , if it's for an H6 2003 Outback, seems very helpful. It says the illum module is behind the left side of the dash (which is a different location than anyone has mentioned so far, not sure where to start looking exactly though)

AND it mentions GB-3 is at the rear of the engine compartment, and I think I know where it is. It's on the firewall I think near the master cylinder?

thanks - I was about to tear the radio out to look for where the illum module is. Now I have a coupla other things to investigate first.

BTW - what is the OP connector? green test conn or ????

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
14,458 Posts
Couldn't tell you what the "OP" references. It is B228 in the diagram of the harness plugs and shows to be a 15 pin plug behind the center of the dash.

The green and also the white 2 wire connector just hanging are only for ROM access in the ECM. Nothing more.

·
Registered
18,291 Posts
B228 seems to be a quasi-diagnostics connector. (I.e., it's not the OBD connector that links to control modules. However, searching for it in the wiring diagrams (used the find feature in Adobe Reader) show that it's pins are mostly connected to the "hot" side wiring of lighting circuits, some switches, and the TCM. The Mythical 2005 OP Connector System - Subaru Legacy Forums has some more details and photos, albeit related to 2005.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts