Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,120 Posts
I think it's expensive for the mileage on the chassis.

I would want a list of everything that has been replaced on the car, especially suspension. If it has had nothing, there is going have to money spent there. I expect there is little to worry about with the new motor.

It's still a high maintenance and expensive to own option. The OP said they didn't know much about the XTs. They are sort the Subaru problem children. I like mine very much, but they keep my wallet on thin side.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,200 Posts
too much money, if you want to find something to buy in those years, buy something for $1500 listed with a problem engine.

buy a 2005-2009 XT with a problem engine in it already, and replace it with a bench built EJ255

buy a 2005-2009 H6 listed with a problem engine in it already. replace it with a JDM H6 250hp,

(each of the above have standard VDC in 2007, and standard SI drive in 2008-2009)
_______
but plenty of threads here about possible buys of 2005-2009 XT.

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,621 Posts
bg - any used turbo is risky

I would consider a pre-purchase inspection at Awdtuning in Flower Mound if at at all possible.

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Crystal White Pearl with Ivory Cloth, with Eyesight and self dimming outside mirrors.
359 Posts
It says the color is silver??

·
Registered
2013 Impreza Sport, 2003 Toyota Highlander 3.0 FWD, 2009 Outback XT Limited 5MT - R.I.P.
377 Posts
I think it's expensive for the mileage on the chassis.

I would want a list of everything that has been replaced on the car, especially suspension. If it has had nothing, there is going have to money spent there. I expect there is little to worry about with the new motor.

It's still a high maintenance and expensive to own option. The OP said they didn't know much about the XTs. They are sort the Subaru problem children. I like mine very much, but they keep my wallet on thin side.
But it's "SUPER RARE TURBOCHARGED!!!"

·
Registered
85BRAT97SVX03Baja5mtHonda's
2,174 Posts
"the interior is flawless"
except the steering wheel is heavily worn on the left 7pm-11pm area, the rear carpet has bleach stains on the driver side near the door edge/seat, and the caroet in the rear, at the driveshaft hump is messed up too.

WAY too much money.

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,120 Posts
But it's "SUPER RARE TURBOCHARGED!!!"
It's only rare since the turbo hasn't blown up yet. Oh, wait, its says new motor ... that's not rare, they are normal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts