Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have manually looked and searched the 4th gen forum and even searched google for a thread that had pics of a GPS mount installed in the 2010 Limited storage compartment with has the door above the climate control. This person slit the rubber pad in the compartment and installed a Garmin 'mounting disk' so he could mount/dismount a suction cup snap on ball extension for his nuvi GPS. He said he had problems getting the disk to stick to the rubber pad in the compartment so he cut the rubber pad and slid the mount under the rubber pad and glued in in place.

I have the long/extended version of the nuvi ball mount but have not figure out the best way to mount the mounting pad - if I cut the rubber Subaru pad and glue the suction disk plate to plastic under the rubber I suppose I could try to do a perfect cut of the shape and size of the disk and leave it glued in permanently - probably wouldn't look too bad. But I'd like to see his pic one more time to see if he had a better fix.

Any help in finding his post would be appreciated.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really the pictures I'm searching for - these pics showed the storage compartment with the door up and inside was the round vacuum mounting disk for the GPS half above and half under the rubber padding inside the compartment . Then there was the picture of the 'extended arm ball mount' that the nuvi snaps onto (plus a link to buying the ball mount).

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
creso
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing