Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2009 3GEN Subaru Outback Premium 2.5 Petrol 4 Cylinder. I'm investigating putting a lift kit on it to get some extra clearance but I'm very unsure. I don't know a lot about cars (I'm 19 and have had the car for a year, bought second-hand and it's all stock parts) but I love going camping and surfing. I have been too nervous to take my car to many off-road situations due to the clearance. Bear in mind that I don't plan on climbing 60 degree rock walls, I simply want to be able to drive down some mild off-road tacks and maybe some beach tracks.

I live in Victoria, Australia so anyone with knowledge on where to buy a kit or get it checked out would be amazing, but I'll happily take any information or opinions from anyone on what they have done. I've heard that you can run CTV issues but I don't fully understand that. I'm not even sure how to fit a lift kit but I do have a family friend who is a mechanic. I also don't know how high I should go.

Would just like to know everyone's thoughts - difficulty, value, right height etc - and maybe an estimated cost from people who have done the same. Cheers guys!

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
11,262 Posts
Hi Carl - I think Australian law limits what you can do to the suspension. There's a company called Subie Lift Oz in Melbourne

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own a 2009 3GEN Subaru Outback Premium 2.5 Petrol 4 Cylinder. I'm investigating putting a lift kit on it to get some extra clearance but I'm very unsure. I don't know a lot about cars (I'm 19 and have had the car for a year, bought second-hand and it's all stock parts) but I love going camping and surfing. I have been too nervous to take my car to many off-road situations due to the clearance. Bear in mind that I don't plan on climbing 60 degree rock walls, I simply want to be able to drive down some mild off-road tacks and maybe some beach tracks.

I live in Victoria, Australia so anyone with knowledge on where to buy a kit or get it checked out would be amazing, but I'll happily take any information or opinions from anyone on what they have done. I've heard that you can run CTV issues but I don't fully understand that. I'm not even sure how to fit a lift kit but I do have a family friend who is a mechanic. I also don't know how high I should go.

Would just like to know everyone's thoughts - difficulty, value, right height etc - and maybe an estimated cost from people who have done the same. Cheers guys!
Hi Carl, I live in Sydney & just joined this group today. I have the same project in mind; so can we please keep in touch as you may be ahead of me; as I pick up 2010 project car this weekend. CHEERS

1 - 3 of 3 Posts