Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
white 2013 subaru outback 2.5i 6 speed manual
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey whats up everyone. i just purchased my first outback yesterday on 9/1/12. i got the 2013 base model 2.5i 6speed manual and need some ideas on how to make it better. cosmeticly and functionally...i already made an apt for tuesday to tint it out to get rid of the fishbowl feel, and ordered the wheel arch moldings. i hate how there isnt any fog lights, and need to pop those fugly ass covers out and get something in there. any ideas, kits , or helpful info would be greatly appreciated. also where is the best place or website to order from? looking forward to hearing from you guys. happy to join the world of subaru owners!:29:

·
Registered
2011 Outback Premium 6MT
546 Posts
hey whats up everyone. i just purchased my first outback yesterday on 9/1/12. i got the 2013 base model 2.5i 6speed manual and need some ideas on how to make it better. cosmeticly and functionally...i already made an apt for tuesday to tint it out to get rid of the fishbowl feel, and ordered the wheel arch moldings. i hate how there isnt any fog lights, and need to pop those fugly ass covers out and get something in there. any ideas, kits , or helpful info would be greatly appreciated. also where is the best place or website to order from? looking forward to hearing from you guys. happy to join the world of subaru owners!:29:
Buying the premium model is the best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i had a cap on my loan for 23k, and i got what i got, now i need to make the best of it. it has potential to be dope with some love.. i will tell you i dont miss my lifted truck with a 37 gallon gas tank and 14 mpg haha

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,822 Posts
there isn't much of aftermarket availability for this car

most of the owners are either lesbians or people who just traded in their camry and are waiting to die

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,656 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
618 Posts
Let's see. A few idea on the cheap side:

Factory fog lights can be had for under $300. Install isn't hard, since everything is pre-wired.

Tweeter kit is an easy install. It helps, although the stock radio is no show piece.

Bigger tires look nice...

Paint your grill and badges.

Lift it.

I don't know, just poke around. Bradze has a nice thread on here with all the stuff he's done. Steal an idea or two. You don't have to be a lesbian or waiting to die to own an Outback. But it helps.

·
Premium Member
2018 Outback Limited 2.5i Dark Blue Pearl/Ivory w'Eyesight
703 Posts
Just don't spend more upgrading to the premium level than what the premium level would have cost in the first place.

·
Registered
2013 OB Ltd. 2.5i Satin White Pearl - Special Appearance Package
87 Posts
Congratulations on the new ride. The tint is a great start. Does the base model have alloy wheels? If not, I would get a nice set of alloy wheels if it's in the budget. Maybe a set of the OEM wheels from someone on this site that upgraded to some other wheels.

Suggestion:

If you plan to install the wheel arch moldings and some of the other upgrades yourself, it would be nice if you would create a photo installation tutorials.

·
Registered
618 Posts
PlastiDip it... ALL of it.
This is super tempting... I'd love to coat the car with truck bed liner, but it's completely non-reversible.

There's a company in South Florida that sells the whole kit, dip by the gallon, sprayer, all of it...

·
Registered
618 Posts
That's the company... I have. I even did a test shot on my bike's fender and wind splitter to see how well it holds up to bugs and road debris.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,017 Posts
That's the company... I have. I even did a test shot on my bike's fender and wind splitter to see how well it holds up to bugs and road debris.
For the life of me I can't get my mind around how/why that stuff peels so cleanly on the edges of lettering and badges. I would also like to know how durable it is to hand washing. Pretty cool stuff though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys, keep it coming!! Great feedback and ideas. I will make a tutorial for any upgrades I do if I can't find one already here. Has anyone done the fog light install? I keep reading the wires are already there, I understand that they woul use a common wiring harness that would have plug and play capabilities but I don't have a fog light control on my light selector... Might have to throw a switch in on one of my blanks plates near the parking break, and wire it separately. By the way I'm not a lesbian or waiting to die. 25 year old trying to get to work school and snow.. And I have liked the outback forever

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5 i Premium
474 Posts
Lose the hub caps. Get some better tires. Dip the grille. Tint the windows. Plop in some fogs but make sure the stalk has the controls otherwise they'll have to turn on with the headlights. Take photos.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Thanks guys, keep it coming!! Great feedback and ideas. I will make a tutorial for any upgrades I do if I can't find one already here. Has anyone done the fog light install? I keep reading the wires are already there, I understand that they woul use a common wiring harness that would have plug and play capabilities but I don't have a fog light control on my light selector... Might have to throw a switch in on one of my blanks plates near the parking break, and wire it separately. By the way I'm not a lesbian or waiting to die. 25 year old trying to get to work school and snow.. And I have liked the outback forever
I added the fog lights to my last STI. The kit will have a new stalk to replace the current one. Literally plug and play...

And.... Testing out on the bike is:
Plasti Dip!

Before:

After:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts