Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2013 OB 2.5i CVT Premium AWP
66 Posts
2010 oem fog lights kit includes switch. it installed at blanks plates near the parking break.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5i All-Weather+Moonroof Venetian Red Pearl W/ Ivory Coth
572 Posts
Go to a wrecking yard and find some 2010-2012 rims

·
Registered
white 2013 subaru outback 2.5i 6 speed manual
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
All Craigslist has is some 01-02 wrx wheels. Or some 04 forester wheels. Both could be cool plasti dip'd. Might pull the trigger on those. Also I found a dent on my bumper so Subaru is going to fix it,! Also get rid of a Pen mark on my back seat, and told the manager too hook me up with a fog light kit for my trouble. Just ordered a full set of wet okole neoprene seat covers. To dog proof the ride. I'll get some pics on here once I get my real wheels on

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,017 Posts
I might have a line on a "new" set of take-offs from a 2011 limited. Don't know the price yet.

EDIT: I checked online parts. New is $250 a pop. Ouch! Don't know what recycle yard wants.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just don't spend more upgrading to the premium level than what the premium level would have cost in the first place.

Is that really true? The cost of the premium, if you borrowed money, is definitely more than just the difference in sticker prices. I mean, a $4k difference or whatever is one thing (and it would be easy to spend way more than that with DIY upgrades), but then consider the cost of financing that $4K over 3, 4, 5 years, and spending more than that hypothetical $4K ain't so bad.

Someone who actually does math could figure out what the additional cost for premium model really is.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,017 Posts
Is that really true? The cost of the premium, if you borrowed money, is definitely more than just the difference in sticker prices. I mean, a $4k difference or whatever is one thing (and it would be easy to spend way more than that with DIY upgrades), but then consider the cost of financing that $4K over 3, 4, 5 years, and spending more than that hypothetical $4K ain't so bad.

Someone who actually does math could figure out what the additional cost for premium model really is.
Difference is probably closer to $2500. Subaru's got 1.9% financing for 63 months. Thats about $50 a year or $250 total or $4 a month increase in payment. I would think running around to get parts or have them shipped on top of having to self install would "cost" well over $4 a month more. But then some people enjoy the journey. YMMV.

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Sienna, miss my eyesight. Life moves on.
982 Posts
Modding the car really isn't that big of a deal, even if the OP spends a little more. What makes it bad is if you don't keep the car. It will always be listed as a base and you never get close to your money back on aftermarket accessories when you sell the car used, at least in my experience.

·
Registered
2012, Outback, 3.6R
129 Posts
Rear view camera. Visibility out of the back Window is one of the only real bad parts of this car. Rear view camera totally mitigates the issue.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Yea I know. Could have sworn I googled it and read the base did have fogs. It Killed me when it got my subie delivered to my house. But fogs will be in soon. Don't mind doing the work. Someone who mods their own car, and works on there own car, Will know the car alot Better than the non modder subie owner

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Just got the magnaflow muffler on last night. Left the turndown. Sounds great, way better than stock and not very loud or annoying. Very nice undertones.
I'm going to blow my speakers before I replace them, my base line paper backs sound fine.. But I have some alpines new in box ready..

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,822 Posts
i was originally going to get the base model, but i can't live without auto up/down windows and steering wheel audio controls. i wanted the steel wheels. get strut spacers and king springs, lose the hubcraps, get AT tires when the stock shits are done, look into skid plates, a tailgate spare tire carrier, and light bars that don't turn to wet noodles when you hit something.

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,822 Posts
i dont know, but my biggest regret now is not getting the limited trim(**** wife telling me no). i probably should've gotten the h6 also, but whatever the 2.5 is good.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts