Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Outback Base
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new to the forum, have searched until my eyes hurt. I have an 02 base outback. The seats sit to high even lowered all the way down. If I spin the wheel with one hand I constantly hit my crotch/thighs. I also feel like I’m driving a monster truck from sitting to high. Are there any generations seats that bolt in and sit lower? Either outback or Impreza or any model at all?
Thanks for your time!

·
Premium Member
(formerly) 03 H6 OBW , (presently) 06 WRX Sportwagon & 2021 Honda CR-V
18,406 Posts
Is the car new to you? Maybe the previous owner had the seating height modified? Also, the steering column is tilt-adjustable. Check that.

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,359 Posts
I have honestly never heard this complaint before. I'm 6'3'' 230lbs and the situation you describe would be physically impossible for me unless the seat was all the way forward.

·
Registered
2002 Outback Base
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have honestly never heard this complaint before. I'm 6'3'' 230lbs and the situation you describe would be physically impossible for me unless the seat was all the way forward.
I can say that since I’ve sat in it I have noticed a little drop in height but not much. Only thing I can think of is maybe the seat is binding up on something not letting it go fully down. The rear of the seat goes tremendously lower than the front. Could that be possible?

·
Registered
2001 2.5 RS & 2000 OB
253 Posts
There are 2 different motors for front/rear. It's possible that the rear is stuck as high as it will go. The adjuster switch does have separate parts for front/rear.

·
Registered
2002 Outback Base
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are 2 different motors for front/rear. It's possible that the rear is stuck as high as it will go. The adjuster switch does have separate parts for front/rear.
I’m gonna move the seats to clean under them so I will take a look and see if there is more room for it to go down or not. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts