Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... one of my highbeams is gone, so its time to buy a new set of bulbs for my 1998 Legacy outback. I know everyone has a different thought on bulbs. I am not looking to break the bank with $60 bulbs, but would like a nice set of bulbs that will at least last me a year. That being said, what is everyone else running in there headlights and fogs and what do you like/dislike about them. Funtion is most important to me. I have a set of Nokya in my wife's Neon, and frankly they are bright, but I have heard mixed reviews.

Let the info flood being...:hide:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Burke HID'S:29:

·
Registered
146 Posts
I installed a set of Philips crystal vision ultras for low beams a couple of months ago. They are a lot brighter than the stock bulbs. I don't know how long they'll last but I've been happy with them so far.

-Tim

·
Registered
514 Posts
I replaced both headlamp bulbs with mid-priced bulbs, my wife definitely did not want 'blue' headlamps. I believe I spent about $12 per bulb at the auto parts store on my wholesale account. That would be about $19 retail.

They are bright enough to travel at 75 in the dark with plenty of room to brake for deer.

·
Registered
12,304 Posts
if you've never addressed your headlight lenses then you'll have the most gains by properly grinding, polishing, clearing and prepping those. or buying new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
idosubaru
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing