Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm rebuilding my 98 OBW 2.5L. I bought the car a couple of months ago (first Subaru, luv it) & thought I should do some maintenance on it so I ordered a timing kit with all the goodies along with a water pump. But before I got around to installing it the engine overheated, HG's. So now Ive decided to just rebuild it. As I tore it down it turns out that it had the old style tensioner in it & my kit came with the new style. So I'm on the hunt for a new style bracket. Seems like the best choice seeing as I already have the updated parts. I looked on eBay but of course they had all the versions except the one that I need. So I'm putting out here for all of you. If anyone's got one that you would part with, let me know.:help:

·
Super Moderator
12,108 Posts
Moved to correct forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll probably end up getting it from the dealer. I priced it today & it's only $45. Which is cheaper than buying another tensioner since the kit I bought came with the newer style. Just bum luck that I ended up having the older style. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,621 Posts
I have a few and am in knoxville. $20 shipped if you want one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lockmedic, awesome, as long as it is the new style!! Would you also have a A/C belt tensioner bracket??? I'm in Springcity so I'd be happy to make a trip to K-town so you can pocket the shipping. I drive a truck so it'll be a week or so until I'm home again. Just let me know. I'll try to check back here in a couple days to see what's what. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
Kyote
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing