Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Outback Limited
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 outback 2.5 L. Tires are just frustrating these days. I’m old school and rotate my own. I don’t want directional OR asymmetrical. Not sure if I want all season or just road tires. Living in SC, snow isn’t much of an issue although I do travel to PA in winter to see family. The main thing is I don’t want to have to unmount and remount tires as I would have to do with directional if I criss cross during a rotation. And asymmetrical have a similar problem in that I CAN’T flip them inside to outside. This is why I want regular. Any suggestions would be helpful. Seems like they are getting harder and harder to find. The directional and asymmetrical tires do have advantages, but not for me. Thanks.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
25,488 Posts
michelin defenders maybe.

old school tire,...

I would not go Michelin Premiers without snow tires on rims.
@AWDFTW makes do without snows and may suggest better.

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,221 Posts
Here in the east TN mountains, with a few visits to IL and Cincinnati a couple times a year, snow tires would come in useful for a total of 1-2 weeks a year. So snow tires would be dry rotting with 80% tread still on them.

I have Continental TrueContacts on Mal. They do decently in most conditions. Slush is their weakest area. Would also look at General Altimax RT43.

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited 2.5
207 Posts
Limjited you should have the 18 inch wheels

I put these on my 2015 Limited Yokohama YK740 GTX 235/60-R18 Ride is great - handle excellent and I do some offroad stuff heavier tire then stock.

This with the 20mm rear sway bar my outback handles great!!!

Car :nerd:

:laugh:

·
Supporting Vendor
737 Posts
2016 outback 2.5 L. Tires are just frustrating these days. I’m old school and rotate my own. I don’t want directional OR asymmetrical. Not sure if I want all season or just road tires. Living in SC, snow isn’t much of an issue although I do travel to PA in winter to see family. The main thing is I don’t want to have to unmount and remount tires as I would have to do with directional if I criss cross during a rotation. And asymmetrical have a similar problem in that I CAN’T flip them inside to outside. This is why I want regular. Any suggestions would be helpful. Seems like they are getting harder and harder to find. The directional and asymmetrical tires do have advantages, but not for me. Thanks.
We would be happy to help if you like. PM on it's way.

·
Registered
2017 Outback Premium, silver
411 Posts
Also the General Altima’s RT43

It looks asymmetrical in the photos I’ve seen.

I have these on my ‘17 OB and ‘11 Impreza. Great tires and very good in the snow, as well as all around tire.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Does anyone have any thoughts on the Michelin CrossClimate SUV? The tread design looks very interesting and the reviews look good..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts