Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Outback LL Bean model
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2003 Outback. At some point, i will likely need to take to a mechanic for some issue. So, i'm looking for a recommendation for a good place to take it. I live in South San Francisco so perhaps in San Bruno, San Mateo area?

Lennart

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
Avoid the South City Subaru shop near Tanfran mall. Horrible reputation. When I was living in SF - I had Redwood city Subaru do my clutch they did a good job at a reasonable price. $1200. When I needed a sensor replaced and had the plugs done I had Marin Subaru do it - also reasonable price and did a proper job.

I don't trust non subaru shops to do subaru specific stuff. The only stuff non subaru shops do for me are oil / fluid changes. I started doing my own brakes about 12yrs ago after having lots of issues - have had zero issues since taking care of my own brakes.

Indy shops are great if you know the owner - and have researched the **** out of them and only have them do very generic service work that does not involve brand specific nuances.

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited with SAP and the fancy foot lighting inside and out
49 Posts
Not in South Bay, but Benicia Motor Works is excellent, but very busy. Paulo is very good, very honest does all the work himself.

·
Registered
2003 Outback LL Bean model
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for feedback. sometimes/often it is even more important to know where NOT to take it (..Subaru shop close to Tanforan shopping center..)

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
thanks for feedback. sometimes/often it is even more important to know where NOT to take it (..Subaru shop close to Tanforan shopping center..)
It was a dealer worst freaking service dept this side of the Rockies even my wife would take a hint just talking to them on the phone. LOL and thats saying alot!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts