Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Outback 3.0R
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

my car came with some missing pieces under the front bumper and missing a good chunk of the fender liner eaten away by the tire due to bad suspension. The splash shield under engine is also missing. I got new liner and a bunch of bumper clips but not sure how all this should actually look like when stitched together.

Can you guys post some pics of the side and front area under the front bumper?

Thanks

·
Registered
2005 Outback 2.0XT Limited
63 Posts
Hi guys,

my car came with some missing pieces under the front bumper and missing a good chunk of the fender liner eaten away by the tire due to bad suspension. The splash shield under engine is also missing. I got new liner and a bunch of bumper clips but not sure how all this should actually look like when stitched together.

Thanks
Hello @doru

I have a skid plate not on the car yet at the moment, but I have many pictures in my build gallery if you are not able to find what you need let me know and I can take some more for a specific area.

hope that helps you.

my mechanic had to trim some of the areas you mentioned, but that plastic you are missing is there.

·
Registered
16,650 Posts
Not sure exactly what you need, so here's a small selection. This is on my 07, but should be the same, as far as the forward-going extension of the wheel well mudguard.
IMG_4332.JPG IMG_4333.JPG IMG_4334.JPG

My car does not have the full engine undercover; instead it has two smaller shields underneath, on each side. The two pieces and their location are shown on this page: http://opposedforces.com/parts/legacy/us_b13/type_22/body_equipment_exterior/under_cover_and_exhaust_cover/illustration_1/

Your H6 might come with the full undercover, as illustrated here: http://opposedforces.com/parts/legacy/us_b13/type_33/body_equipment_exterior/under_cover_and_exhaust_cover/illustration_1/

Let me know if there's something specific you want to look at/for.

·
Registered
16,650 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Outback 2.0XT Limited
63 Posts
Yes, that's the wheel well liner. In the original post photo, the part going forward horizontally is missing. I didn't link to that one because it's mentioned that a new liner is already in hand.
hehe i understood he had it and needed to see how it went...lol

still an awesome resource, thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
2009 Outback 3.0R
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i understood he had it and needed to see how it went
Yes, I have it but wanted to see how is should all fit before starting work.

Not sure exactly what you need
Yes, that is what I need. Thank you. Do you have pictures from the right side to? I'm missing the clips there and it looks like the liner can go over or under the bumper lip or both.

·
Registered
16,650 Posts
. . . Do you have pictures from the right side to? I'm missing the clips there and it looks like the liner can go over or under the bumper lip or both.
The two sides are the same. Where the liner initially goes forward from the front edge of the wheel well opening, its edge is under (i.e., below) the lower edge of the bumper cover, but only for a few inches. It then slopes up and continues forward above the lip. In this clip from the second photo above, the area that's below the lip is circled.
liner under lip.jpg

Hope I'm understanding what you're looking for . . .

·
Registered
2009 Outback 3.0R
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Trying to figure out what is this the 3rd clip holding on (yellow circle). I have the hole in my bumper cover but not in the liner.

Here's how my new liner looks like

·
Registered
2001 VDC Wagon - White pearl - 302,000 km
457 Posts
It could be the lower end of a metal support gusset that extends down from the top of the bumper. They have the same thing on the rear bumper cover.

·
Registered
16,650 Posts
Trying to figure out what is this the 3rd clip holding on (yellow circle). I have the hole in my bumper cover but not in the liner.
Had to pull the clips to see above the liner. There's a metal bracket that goes up along the inside of the bumper cover. It's shaped to fit, more-or-less, and probably acts as as stiffener/support. It's not on the 08+. I confirmed it here.

Incidentally, in the first photo in post #10 above, there's three large push pins, and within the red triangle there's a smaller push pin. The smaller one is the one in the above diagram. But, the bracket has two holes at the bottom, the other being for the larger push pin that is in the photo but not in the diagram.

·
Registered
2009 Outback 3.0R
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Great info! Thanks for the "investigation" :).
It looks like my 09 is the same as 08 and there is no metal bracket so the 2 pins are not used. I'll probably make a hole in the liner where hole at the top of picture in post #8 is and add one more pin just because I have spares and with only two the liner does not fill very secure. Where the big pin for metal support is my liner is cut off so no way to put a pin there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts