Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Outback 3.0R Limited
54 Posts
Just checked Edmunds. Seems like 8K is not an unfair price. My 3.0R has only needed routine maintenance so far but I only have half that mileage. Keep in mind, black is not a color, it's a career. That' s why mine is white.

·
Registered
Car: 2008 Tribeca, 2010 LGT, Sold: 2005 XT Limited
2,926 Posts
Go for it. Great shape and good price. Looks honest, but you'll know more once you talk with him.

·
Registered
2008 Outback 2.5i
1,148 Posts
White cars are just as bad as Black cars. I have had both. The car that looked the cleanest was my 94 Taurus with metallic silver paint.

·
Registered
2009 Outback 3.0R Limited
54 Posts
White cars are just as bad as Black cars. I have had both. The car that looked the cleanest was my 94 Taurus with metallic silver paint.
Wasn't talking about dirt. I was referring to the more frequent need for paint correction. I agree silver hides as well as white.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went to look at the outback this morning and the car is in excellent condition for the year and mileage. He even had a carfax as well. So I went to the bank, took out money and paid him. It drives nice and quiet. Im happy with it, but its for the wife anyways.

·
Registered
Car: 2008 Tribeca, 2010 LGT, Sold: 2005 XT Limited
2,926 Posts
Looked like an excellent find! Hard to find used cars that well maintained with full records. I know mine doesn't have nice records like that, but I also know the maintenance was well done, by me :)

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,385 Posts
be sure to replace/check the front serpentine bearings. sticky for it on the forum here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will do...I just gave it a fresh oil change with amsoil fluid. I will be performing a drain/fill twice with amsoil tranny fluid next weekend, not sure if I should replace the tranny filter.

My dealer wants $35 for it, but the advance auto parts sells the wix tranny filter for $10. Which one should I go with?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts