Subaru Outback Forums banner

241 - 260 of 293 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Outback Touring 2.5i, and soon 2019 Ascent Touring
121 Posts
What this thread needs is MORE COWBELL PLEASE!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Limited nav/eye purchased 8/6/18
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #246 (Edited)
What?? Is there no more senselessness? This senseless thread cannot be allowed to fade away!

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
10,814 Posts
"For the months the car has been on the road, it has logged 19,043 miles and averaged 12.0 mpg unchanged since our last update."

Stuff like that makes me wonder about the accuracy of anything from MotorTrend.
Is that actual or read out?

My read out says some comical lifetime average mpg on account of some computer glitch.

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
3,841 Posts
Is that actual or read out?

My read out says some comical lifetime average mpg on account of some computer glitch.
I think it was just a typo most likely. Seems like they actually got close to 20mpg. But if someone was just reading that article and didn't dig deeper they might believe that 12mpg number.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
I think it was just a typo most likely. Seems like they actually got close to 20mpg. But if someone was just reading that article and didn't dig deeper they might believe that 12mpg number.
The reposted article at MSN linked above is still wrong but it looks like they corrected the original at the Motortrend site and it was supposed to read 21mpg.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
Some say the COVID thing is a media or political pawn. I prefer to be safe than sorry. I'm being very careful, keeping my distance from people and avoiding crowds.

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
5,553 Posts
I think this virus is going to seriously alter the way people go out and recreate. Those of us used to doing outdoor activities like hiking, backpacking, and climbing are going to see a lot more people out there who lack much experience in the outdoors. Yes, they'll still avoid the virus, even with more people out there, but they'll be impacting themselves in many other ways.

·
Registered
2019 Outback Limited 2.5i
219 Posts
UN troops move through the corpses of 300 million Americans, all of them with spotlessly clean buttocks.

Attachments

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
10,814 Posts
I couldn't find any toilet paper at the store so I bought a bidet.

After the initial shock to the under carriage I'm really sold on it.

Nearly eliminates the need of TP and does a much better job of cleaning when I'm done.

There is no joke here. Just this sh it post.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
I couldn't find any toilet paper at the store so I bought a bidet.

After the initial shock to the under carriage I'm really sold on it.

Nearly eliminates the need of TP and does a much better job of cleaning when I'm done.

There is no joke here. Just this sh it post.
I thought that was the purpose of the underbody flush at the local car wash.

I'm not allowed back there any more.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #260
I thought that was the purpose of the underbody flush at the local car wash.

I'm not allowed back there any more.
Now THAT's funny!!!

I think this virus is going to seriously alter the way people go out and recreate. Those of us used to doing outdoor activities like hiking, backpacking, and climbing are going to see a lot more people out there who lack much experience in the outdoors. Yes, they'll still avoid the virus, even with more people out there, but they'll be impacting themselves in many other ways.
Luckily, my passion is tennis. Social separation is automatic there. Except no shaking hands after...

241 - 260 of 293 Posts