Subaru Outback Forums banner

261 - 280 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
5,205 Posts
I couldn't find any toilet paper at the store so I bought a bidet.
I thought West Virginia was uniquely immune from COVID-19, per the NYT map posted a couple days ago. I figured it had to do with a strong mountain man composition of the population, and the genetic similarity - everyone is at the extreme a second cousin.

But that does have to be the first bidet in the state, yes?

·
Brucey
'17 3.6 Limited
10,506 Posts
I thought West Virginia was uniquely immune rom COVID-19, per the NYT map posted a couple days ago. I figured it had to do with a strong mountain man composition of te population, and the genetic similarity - everyone is at the extreme a second cousin.

But that does have to be the first bidet in the state, yes?
We're all cousins if you go back far enough :)

Last I checked WV is still the only state without a confirmed case. There have been 84 tests and 80 have come back negative and 4 are pending.

We're used to being last in the country here I guess that works for a virus as well.

·
Registered
2019 Outback Limited 2.5i
201 Posts
West Virginia has a greater share of adults at risk than any other state in the country according to a recent study. There is no running from the coronavirus, not even into the hills. Protect your elders!

·
Registered
2017 3.6R Limited with Eye Sight
552 Posts
The hysteria fanned by the media seems far more destructive than the virus itself.

The swine flu killed 12,000 Americans during the ***** presidency. Time will tell if this virus is worse...or much ado about nothing.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
25,813 Posts
We're all cousins if you go back far enough :)

Last I checked WV is still the only state without a confirmed case. There have been 84 tests and 80 have come back negative and 4 are pending.

We're used to being last in the country here I guess that works for a virus as well.
...I guess you learned all that listening to your 1923 radio run on a powered chemical battery in a mason jar.

as it is a scientificy fact that no yahoos in WV can read,, and you only communicate on this forum with a text to speech, speech to text engine.

I think your WV immunity is from the licorice flavored water. (bituminous coal saves the day)

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
I think your WV immunity is from the licorice flavored water. (bituminous coal saves the day)
I was thinking it was due to the virus being warded off by black lung disease... :)

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
5,205 Posts
I was thinking it was due to the virus being warded off by black lung disease..
You guys are both off. They already had social distancing fully integrated into their culture because of their history of clan wars, and were one step ahead of everyone else - haven't you ever heard of the Hatfield - McCoy family feud?

·
Brucey
'17 3.6 Limited
10,506 Posts
You guys are both off. They already had social distancing fully integrated into their culture because of their history of clan wars, and were one step ahead of everyone else - haven't you ever heard of the Hatfield - McCoy family feud?
We also are home to the largest armed uprising outside of the civil war.

Where the US used airplanes to bomb citizens that wanted to unionize coal mines.

We're also home to the Green Bank radio telescope. The largest of it's kind. The black out zone that surrounds it bans all radio communication and electric interference. No cell, no wifi, no Bluetooth, no radio, no CB, etc

Being alone is indeed a way of life.

·
Registered
2017 3.6R Limited with Eye Sight
552 Posts
I heard you can get the virus through your keyboard just by making posts on certain web sites!

Which is why I'm wearing surgical gloves right now.

The idiot hoarders bought all the eggs at my grocery store and I had to buy free range eggs for $$$$. Oh the humanity.

·
Registered
2019 Outback Limited 2.5i
201 Posts
Quarantine sure seems a lot like my normal routine.
Ordered Mexican takeout from our restaurant that I will not let die, got the trots but hey, it was some **** tasty carnitas, black beans, and flan.

261 - 280 of 282 Posts