Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Never use V1.0 of anything." This is why I will not buy a 2020 Outback. I want one but I will wait until 2021 and plan to buy a Limited or Touring XT based on fixes and improvements found during the 2020 model year.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought the minecraft beta was really good.
Trying to think of other examples of V1 products that are good. :) Nothing quickly comes to mind.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well now that that's settled, we can resume our normal dysfunction.
Funny comment and true as well. :) My initial post is not totally absurd, perhaps a little. The question is on most everyone's mind when they buy a new product. it is especially true for automobiles and software where improvements are usually made on a regular basis. Just another obvious observation. :)

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
From another perspective, it’s v25.0 since the 1995 debut of the Outback... right around Windows 95, remember that?
I thought of that, Only I considered it V6.1. :)

·
Registered
563 Posts
There is a higher chance for early adopters to run into some hiccups. It's the price you may have to pay to drive the best. :)
Seriously, would be interesting to have a list of issues the Outback has faced in the past during the first your of a new Gen, vs. later years. Especially the Gen 5 maybe.
I do know that I have bought the second year of the Gen 5, and within a week of delivery there was the steering column recall. :(

·
Registered
43 Posts
Over the years I've been a sucker for the first release of a new vehicles. There is def a bigger gamble in not having any issues, but even subsequent years can also have problems. ie. look at the '18 HU on the OB & Legacy this happens on the next to the last year of the generation.

·
Super Moderator
9,618 Posts
Over the years I've been a sucker for the first release of a new vehicles. There is def a bigger gamble in not having any issues, but even subsequent years can also have problems. ie. look at the '18 HU on the OB & Legacy this happens on the next to the last year of the generation.
That's only because it was 1.0 version of that HU.

Duh!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yea, OK. But how "new" is it really? I would argue almost all "new" cars are increments on existing models. Every once in a while there is a totally new bottom-up platform/engine replacement but I don't think that is the case with the 2020 Outback. Even the "new" 2.4 Turbo is not new.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts