Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'06 Saabaru Aero 5MT, '05 OBXT 5MT, '90 CRX Si
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I just purchased a '05 OBXT 5MT this weekend, and I absolutely love it! Its a high mileage car (177k), but its been very well maintained, and drives like its brand new. This will be my 3rd Subaru, as I currently own 2 Saabaru's (1 Aero and 1 Linear). The Linear will be sold soon as its getting replaced by the OBXT, but the Aero will stay as my weekend car.

The OBXT does have some minor front end damage (and a different colored fender), but that's what allowed me to get it for a steal ($3,200)! It also has a clean interior and came with the Yakima bike rack. I'm going to have to replace the valve cover gaskets, but otherwise, the car is mechanically perfect. How do you all think I did?

Now, on to some questions...

• Brakelights - It looks like the bulb I need is the 7443. However, can anyone confirm if I need to get the ones with the CK socket or without? I searched and found that the front turnsignals use the CK socket, but I can't find anything about the taillights.
  • Rear sidemarker - My research tells me that the sidemarker uses the same kind of bulb as the brakelight. However, when I look at my actual taillight, I only see 1 bulb, not 2. So is the sidemarker actually a shared bulb with the brakelight, or is there a 2nd one in there? Not sure if my actual sidemarkers are just burnt out, and thats why I only see 1.
  • Front parking light - Same as above. I want to replace the parking light, but NOT the turnsignal (I don't want to deal with resistors, relays, etc.). But when I look at my lights, it looks like the parking light and turnsignal shares the same bulb. Can anyone confirm if there should be a 2nd amber bulb in there, or is there only the 1?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Pic of my '06 Saabaru:

Pics of the new OBXT:

And one showing the front end damage:

·
Registered
Outbrat XT, Foz, 3.0R Limited
4,605 Posts
Brake lights are regular 7443s, and also the side marker. It’s a dual filament bulb. The fronts are 3457s, also dual filament.

Congrats and welcome! Love the Saabarus, are the both 2006s with the EJ255?

·
Registered
'06 Saabaru Aero 5MT, '05 OBXT 5MT, '90 CRX Si
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, guys! I ended up just ordering a non-CK brake light bulb, and it ended up working perfectly. Still a little hesitant to change out the turnsignal bulbs for LED, as it seems a lot more involved. If anyone has any plug-n-play solutions that prevent the fast blinking I keep reading about, I'd love to hear about it!

Love the Saabarus, are the both 2006s with the EJ255?
The '06 Aero has the EJ255, but the '05 Linear is just a non-turbo EJ253. :frown2:

·
Registered
Outbrat XT, Foz, 3.0R Limited
4,605 Posts
Thanks for the replies, guys! I ended up just ordering a non-CK brake light bulb, and it ended up working perfectly. Still a little hesitant to change out the turnsignal bulbs for LED, as it seems a lot more involved. If anyone has any plug-n-play solutions that prevent the fast blinking I keep reading about, I'd love to hear about it!

The '06 Aero has the EJ255, but the '05 Linear is just a non-turbo EJ253. :frown2:
Glad you are keeping it then. Really I am, not that I’ve been casually looking for one for several years or anything... :wink2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts