Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is a gem with full repair history in a freakin' huge file and I'm loving it...BUT, I hate the stock Sub wheels. I've looked at Methods and they're nice but I'd like to have something that isn't seen on the regular but still has that "rallyish" look. I found a cool wheel I haven't seen mentioned on this forum, the Centerline Pangea 17x8 +35. Anyone familiar with this wheel? Second part of the question: I'm hoping to run Falken Wildpeaks in as close to stock tire size as possible and wondering if I'll have any problems with an 8" wide wheel and these tires. Thanks for the help and really appreciate the forum and the incredible knowledge it offers.

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 Outback 3.0R L.L. Bean
57 Posts
Just make sure to check the spacing between the spring perch and the inner wheel. There are many wheel fitment sites out there that will calculate the changes in width.

If the site says the wheel will be wider towards the inside, simply measure that distance to see if you have the clearance

Remember offset will also affect the spacing.

I ran 245/45 with 18 8.75” +33 rims and it fit just fine on the inside (not the outside!!). It took a lot of rolling and camber.

17x8 +35 should be just fine with tires less wide than 245 (maybe stick with stock tire size). If not, add a degree of camber or roll a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts