Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I bought a 2012 Outback Limited 3.6R a few months ago and had a few questions. First of all - what a great car - fastest car I've ever owned and that was completely unexpected! It's my first Subaru and I basically bought it without even test driving it because I was sick and tired of dealerships and Mazda was jerking me around... best decision ever :)... I got it through Costco.

Only complaint are the cheesy horns but I've seen some of the recommendations and will take care of that on the next warmish day!

A couple of quick questions:

1. the backup camera display is in the rear-view mirror (no GPS/nav) and is usually pretty fuzzy or with a lot of glare. It's rarely clear. Is this normal?
  2. I'm running synthetic even though it's not required/recommended. I ran the first 3K on the regular oil then switched to Mobil 1 - any issues?
  3. the heated seats, when you have them on high, seem to turn off after 15-20 minutes - is there a thermostat or sensor that is kicking on and is it normal?
  4. Was going to get winter tires from Costco. Is there anything I need to be careful of with regards to tire-pressure monitoring systems or ??
ok -that's about it I guess. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies!

I live at 1100 feet in Oregon so the roads get icy most mornings (hence why I got the Subaru :) ). We also ski a lot and given I can't fit tire chains on, I reckon getting siped winter tires will take care of both concerns.

Thanks for all the feedback - I'll enjoy looking through all the other posts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.