Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just turned over 10,000 miles on a 2013 CVT Premium purchased the first week in July. Trips from California to Arizona and Washington States. The car has been flawless, handles freeways and winding roads equally well. Will find out this winter how it does in Sierra snow and also on dirt in Death Valley. Expect Death Valley washboard roads to be a bit bone jarring as new suspension is stiffer and has almost no lean on turns. Have not experienced any difficulty with the CVT and just had a Torquelift receiver and electric brake installed in Kent, WA at the Torguelift store to pull my trailer. The guys at Torquelift were excellent. Put the electric brake controller wire in the lower cubby and can attach the controller when needed. Continental tires are adequate for summer driving and run them at 35 with nitrogen which I have found to give superior mileage. Am considering an Ultragauge so that I cann know what is happening with the car, but cannot yet figure out where to place it as I do not like a windshield mount with wires exposed. Any ideas would be appreciated. That is pretty much it for the report.

·
Registered
2013, not the one with a V6, the V4 model
84 Posts
You wouldn't be a professor who studies fault lines and volcanoes, would you?

·
Registered
2017 2.5 Touring
1,412 Posts
I hooked up my ultra gauge in the rear of the car. I used the wiring for the rear 12v outlet, and repurposed the wires. Unobtrusive, effective, practical, ingenious. Gives my 8 year old something to do. She shouts out the readings to me.

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5 Limited CVT
216 Posts
The torque pro app and a <20$ bluetooth obd2 adapter is a much cheaper alternative to an ultragauge. No wiring needed, just your old android phone and one of these

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Premium
8 Posts
I agree. My 2.5 premium that was purchased on June 30th just turned 14K this afternoon. I couldn't be happier with the car. Can't wait for a northwest indiana / chicago winter with it.

Brad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts