Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only got 2,500 miles on my 2013 2.5i CVT (base model); since day 1 it's seemed like it misfires or stumbles a tiny bit during light acceleration when the engine is cold. Has anyone else experienced this; am I imagining things? I'll ask about it when I go to the dealer for the first oil change ... I hope that (if there's really a problem) that it will be stored in the computer, because I won't want to leave it overnight so that they can check it when it's cold!

·
Registered
2013 Outback, 2.5i Limited w/ Moonroof
1,542 Posts
Are you sure it is the engine, or is it a hesitation in the transmission?

I have also noticed, when accelerating from a dead stop, that there is a slight hesitation. But I give it a little more gas, and it pulls out, and does not happen again. My impression is that it is in the transmission, but perhaps I am wrong, and it is the engine.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you sure it is the engine, or is it a hesitation in the transmission?
No, I'm not sure what it is ... it FEELS like engine misfire or something, but it might be the transmission slipping. I get this while going up a slight hill on my street ... it's not a hesitation when starting from a stop; this is like a hiccup while I'm underway up the hill.

·
Premium Member
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,832 Posts
could you demonstrate the problem for a service writer or tech?

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i SAP Limited
32 Posts
When my engine/transmission is cold, and I am accelerating through 20 mpg and up I sometimes feel slight "hesitations" in moving forward. This is not on a hill, just straight road. Once I am up past, say, 35 mpg I am fine. I watch the gauges and nothing is moving when the hesitations happen. Will talk to the service department about it at my 7500 service, but saw some similar threads about this already...

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Premium
8 Posts
How fast are you going when you feel it? I can feel a fairly pronounced hiccup when the torque converter locks up. I am not sure of the exact speed, but it happens between 5-20mph roughly. Our 2011 OD did it too, but was not as easy to notice due to the differences in the transmissions.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How fast are you going when you feel it? I can feel a fairly pronounced hiccup when the torque converter locks up. I am not sure of the exact speed, but it happens between 5-20mph roughly. Our 2011 OD did it too, but was not as easy to notice due to the differences in the transmissions.
Yeah, it's somewhere around 15 mph going up that slight hill. I'll have to pay close attention now, but I'm thinking that I also get it while backing out of my driveway at 2 or 3 mph.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Mine stumbles a bit at cold start up. I blame it on super lean air/fuel ratio required for emissions.

·
Registered
2012 Impreza Sport Ltd 2013 Outback Limited SAP
1,495 Posts
If the engine "misfires" it should "throw a code" and go into the CEL mode. That has been the case for me in the past (bad fuel).

·
Registered
22,835 Posts
Probably not the engine. Cold cvt yes. If the blue dash light is on you need to take it easy on the cvt and throttle. Cold fluids dont move fast and the cvt depends on fluids moving.

·
Registered
2013 OB 2.5i Premium/DDD Graphite Gray Metallic OP#2 Weathertec Window Deflectors
405 Posts
My ob does the same when cold, or when the blue light is on. Then it goes away.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts