Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Thinking of a new Outback, but would hate to purchase it as find out the 2014 are coming out in a few weeks.

Anyone have any "guess" as to when the new 2014 will be available ?

Any significant changes expected ?

Thanks,
B.

·
Registered
2021 MGM Outback 2.5i Premium with Tungsten Grey seats
2,872 Posts
Likely Mid-summer availability.

Since there was a facelift and new wheels for 2013 I suspect any changes would be related to options, new options and changes in what packages exclude what other packages.

·
Registered
'11 Outback 2.5i CVT - '06 Forester X 5MT
1,765 Posts
There won't be any major changes. Like hallux already mentioned they'll tweak the packages a little and possible offer "limited" options to more trims (eyesight, SAP).

I doubt they'll discount 2013's any time soon either, as it seems they are selling everything they produce.

2015 will most likely be a big facelift. Subaru has been on a 5 year cycle for quite a while now with the OB/Legacy.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
The only motive to wait for a '14 would be depreciation reasons.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6R - Graphite Grey
35 Posts
Just went to the dealer - they are not taking anymore orders for the 2013 Outback. Pick from the lot or order a 2014. Only problem is, Subaru hasn't released any info on the 2014's yet. Argh!

·
Registered
262 Posts
I heard the 2015's will have 6x6 wheel drive, a bathroom, and built in tent. No one should purchase anything till that point. :D

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,018 Posts
They say (and you know what 'they say' is worth) the '14 are arriving late June-early July.

·
Registered
2010 2.5i Outback, 2015 2.5i Legacy w/Eyesight
589 Posts
I heard the 2015's will have 6x6 wheel drive, a bathroom, and built in tent. No one should purchase anything till that point. :D
I also hear that they will be reintroducing the L. L. Bean edition and that, for the true outdoors-man, big foot will come standard as the built-in navigation.

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Limited, Special Appearance Package, Brilliant Brown Pearl, Saddle Brown Leather, HK Audio, Moonroof, Navigation
214 Posts
Wait.....I thought was the 2016 model? Maybe Im confused it with the 3rd row seat, GT model that is being talked about with a V8 and 6000 pound towing capacity. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would love to see a power rear lift gate on the new model. I'm disabled and put my wheelchair in the back of my wife 2013. Walking can be difficult and it's hard to open the lift gate and step back to get out of its way when it opens. I'd seriously consider trading up for that feature alone, but would also make the jump from a Premium to a Limited.

·
Registered
2010 OB 3.6R limited
3,284 Posts
Only 6x6? That sucks...
A bathroom only.....craps
Built in tent only?....not a 4 bedroom house.....subaru is going down....hv to get a honda !

·
Registered
22 Posts
Im thinking a power rear gate should be on the next outback, if they have figured it out on the forester, it cant be that hard to port over.

I would also like to see the information in the multifunction display of the forester at least brought to the limit MFD. Right now it seems like the info in the MFD, unless you have eye-sight, is just eye candy.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,018 Posts
As long as we're "I would liking" in no particular order,

1. One touch up/down on all windows.

2. Power height adjustment passenger seat.

3. Pop-out rear windows/ power if possible.

4. More robust rear seat vent power/controls.

5. Ability to pair two phones simultainiously.

6. Adjustable front headrests.

7. Power folding side mirrors.

That would pretty much float my boat.:D

·
Registered
22 Posts
anyone heard anything? im wondering if the burnished bronze color and jasmine green will make it to the outback...or are those japan factory only colors?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I do not know about US, but in Germany the 'new' Outback should get to dealers by the end of April or beginning of May. At least that is the date when the 2.0 diesel should become available with CVT. I am really curios about it. Pity that eyesight will not be available in Europe in the foreseeable future :(

·
Registered
22 Posts
I do not know about US, but in Germany the 'new' Outback should get to dealers by the end of April or beginning of May. At least that is the date when the 2.0 diesel should become available with CVT. I am really curios about it. Pity that eyesight will not be available in Europe in the foreseeable future :(
hrm interesting. are subaru's very popular in germany? seems like they would be a higher cost than audis/bmw yet likely compete.

jealous that the parking brake is in the center console.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I have to join into the thread. I am sure folks have seen it but there is a new CV hybrid out. Hopefully subaru will wise up and go with a diesel turbo before this in the outback, eh? I am almost considering importing a diesel boxer from the UK. I am sure it costs a fortune though. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
22,806 Posts
So I have to join into the thread. I am sure folks have seen it but there is a new CV hybrid out. Hopefully subaru will wise up and go with a diesel turbo before this in the outback, eh? I am almost considering importing a diesel boxer from the UK. I am sure it costs a fortune though. Any thoughts?
A non- US Spec vehicle usually will not be given legal registration to be driven on public roads. I can't recall the exact year but I think its like pre 1965 models in some cases are allowed to be imported and driven on US roads with proper registrations.

So feel free to import one but I hope your happy driving around your house on your property.

·
Registered
2013 Legacy Lim CVT Car: 2011 OB Prem 6MT Car: 2006 Miata GT 6MT mc: 2003 Honda GL1800A * Reunite Gondwanaland *
3,565 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.