Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo... My girlfriend and I did a thing.

Thing: We bought ourselves a used, pearl-white 2015 Subaru Outback 2
5i Premium.

We live in the Bay Area of California and love the outdoors and all the adventures it brings.

Here's the thing...

I'm going to make some mods and add a few things here and there.

I'd like your honest thoughts and opinions.

First order of business:

Beef up the tires with Kumho Road Venture AT51's (size: 235/65R17) atop Method rally wheels and a 1.5"-2" lift from Primitive.

Plasti-dip all chrome (except for front and rear emblems), Rhino Line the bottom charcoal rockers, front and rear bumpers, and OEM rack (for aesthetics and durability purposes). I'd like to add a 20mm rear swaybar to handle those winding mountain roads, a front bumper guard for extra-rugged front-end protection, LED light bars, under armor (front, mid, and rear differential skid plates -- also from Primitive).

I mean... there are so many more upgrades...

From the ARB awning, smoked-out light overlays, WeatherTech floor liners, the Yakima MegaWarrior roof rack, the Cusco front tow hook, side window deflectors (OEM #F0010AL500), to the TorkLift EcoHitch for my spare and the portable VIAIR 85p air compressor.

This is ridiculous.

Right?

Who else has the fever?

And what do you think of the set up? Any and all feedback welcome.

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited 3.6r
366 Posts
Sooo... My girlfriend and I did a thing.

Thing: We bought ourselves a used, pearl-white 2015 Subaru Outback 2
5i Premium.

We live in the Bay Area of California and love the outdoors and all the adventures it brings.

Here's the thing...

I'm going to make some mods and add a few things here and there.

I'd like your honest thoughts and opinions.

First order of business:

Beef up the tires with Kumho Road Venture AT51's (size: 235/65R17) atop Method rally wheels and a 1.5"-2" lift from Primitive.

Plasti-dip all chrome (except for front and rear emblems), Rhino Line the bottom charcoal rockers, front and rear bumpers, and OEM rack (for aesthetics and durability purposes). I'd like to add a 20mm rear swaybar to handle those winding mountain roads, a front bumper guard for extra-rugged front-end protection, LED light bars, under armor (front, mid, and rear differential skid plates -- also from Primitive).

I mean... there are so many more upgrades...

From the ARB awning, smoked-out light overlays, WeatherTech floor liners, the Yakima MegaWarrior roof rack, the Cusco front tow hook, side window deflectors (OEM #F0010AL500), to the TorkLift EcoHitch for my spare and the portable VIAIR 85p air compressor.

This is ridiculous.

Right?

Who else has the fever?

And what do you think of the set up? Any and all feedback welcome.
Me personally, I do upgrades at the pace of which I will be most happy. I really like the ARB awning, but right now I would get more use out of a rear sway bar upgrade Than the awning. So its a matter of what would benefit you most at the moment, just a piece of advice. There are a lot of great things to do to an Outback, and you've come to the right place.
Just note that a stock Outback is going to do a lot of things sans modifications. It is has great ground clearance and a superior AWD system. Just keep that in mind.
First, I highly recommend you read the threads on tires and wheels, plasti-dipping the chrome, and the under armor frame. There are really great threads you should read up on, as well as the lift kits that are available and the things the other forum members have done to alleviate issues that arise with modifying the suspension and frame.

Only concern I have is the Light bar. And then you mentioned smoked out light overlays. This is very counterintuitive and I don't recommend it in the slightest. Especially not the tail lights, as the parking lights are dim even though they are LED. The Premium has halogen headlights so I also recommend adding a nice set of LEDs or check out retrofit source, etc. for an HID kit.

·
Registered
2016 2.5 outback limited
165 Posts
im going with the rally innovations 4 light light bar. it mounts on the front bumper. gonna get 4 hella round lights to put on it. also going to do a total chrome delete.

as for doing a headlight tint, check your local laws. in md, its a big no no to do it. buddy of mine is a local officer, and he said not to do it. ok to do fog a light yellow, but nothing else.

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Premium ES
214 Posts
Who else has the fever?
I have the fever. I have an 18 day road/camping trip coming up so basically all I have done for now is put "necessary" stuff on the roof in preparation. After this trip I probably wont do too much until I need to replace to tires.

I did a test fit of my ARB awning last night:
(I dont know why its flipped)

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts