Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited, Ice Silver/Titanium Gray Leather Interior
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded my 2015 Outback Premium for a 2018 Outback Limited. The new mid model refresh updates make the new 2018 Outback significantly better in my personal experience;

Better steering, suspension, handling, quieter interior/less wind noise, improved 8" Starlink Infotainment system with Apple Carplay, refined interior. I am thrilled at the performance and feature enhancements. The new 2018 drives like its on rails compared with my 2015 (which I loved ...but hated the wind noise issue that was never resolved)

This time I upgraded to the Limited, so I am enjoying the keyless/push button start, power passengers seat, vastly enhanced 8" infotainment system with Navi, Apple carplay (super cool!), Leather seats are more elegant than competitors like Honda EX-L/Touring CRV.

They shined the rubber on the new tires and there are some funky spots. Is that something you would ask for new tires? I'm not sure that will clean up. Spot is the light colored blotch on the tire almost at 9 o'clock.

Here are some pics of my new pride and joy; 2018 OB Tungsten/Ivory Limited:

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback 2.5 Limited
9 Posts
Picked up my 2018 Outback Limited last weekend also. Traded in a 2014 Buick regal. No comparison. Love the new interior and the new nav system is fantastic.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Beautiful car! Congrats!!

That splotch on the tire is something almost every car I've seen on the lots has. Probably used for some purpose during the manufacture process. It'll likely wear off with time. Since it doesn't affect the quality of the tire I wouldn't expect that they'd replace it.

I really love that tungsten color! I just wish they offered it with the black interior. I much prefer the black interior. If they did, this color would've been a serious contender when I bought mine!

Enjoy your sweet new ride and the upgrade!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you are enjoying this feature you are doing something wrong. :grin2:
Yes ....BUT ...I was able to get the Wife Acceptance factor if I allow her to drive. ...With an added benefit; when she drives, she doesn't tell me 'how to drive'. While in this temporary state of eurphoria, I enjoy the passenger seat ...and its 4 way power adjustment. :nerd:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sound System

Congrats on the new toy! I just purchased one myself and couldn't be happier with it. Actually..........

Are you moving your old sound system components over to the '18? I think the Harmon Kardon is a joke, and I'm looking at similar components to what you had in your '15.

Anything you would do differently?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats on the new toy! I just purchased one myself and couldn't be happier with it. Actually..........

Are you moving your old sound system components over to the '18? I think the Harmon Kardon is a joke, and I'm looking at similar components to what you had in your '15.

Thanks in advance!
Hi Davy,

Interesting you should ask. I pulled all my high end audio gear from my 2015 OB Premium: Focal KRX2 6.5 Components, JL Audio HD 900/5 Amp, Audison Bit One DSP, JL 10" T10W custom sub that fits in the spare tire well.

BUT ....I am in a different place these days and while the HK system does not compete in any way, I am reasonably content. I might upgrade the speakers but I might actually be selling my other gear. Different priorities ...and the need for $$ instead of a pounding, killer audiophile grade sound system in my car.

The Sub box should drop right into any '15-'17 (And probably '18) Outback. Into the spare tire compartment (leaving the spare in place!) But you do have to remove the foam that holds the tire tools, jack etc. I found room to stuff those things in areas' on the sides under the cargo floor panels on the left and right.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Thanks in advance!
Hi Davy,

Interesting you should ask. I pulled all my high end audio gear from my 2015 OB Premium: Focal KRX2 6.5 Components, JL Audio HD 900/5 Amp, Audison Bit One DSP, JL 10" T10W custom sub that fits in the spare tire well.

BUT ....I am in a different place these days and while the HK system does not compete in any way, I am reasonably content. I might upgrade the speakers but I might actually be selling my other gear. Different priorities ...and the need for $$ instead of a pounding, killer audiophile grade sound system in my car.

The Sub box should drop right into any '15-'17 (And probably '18) Outback. Into the spare tire compartment (leaving the spare in place!) But you do have to remove the foam that holds the tire tools, jack etc. I found room to stuff those things in areas' on the sides under the cargo floor panels on the left and right.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Selling some pieces?

Hi Davy,

Well then.....If you are looking to get rid of anything, let me know. :)

·
Registered
2018 Limited
112 Posts
Hi Davy,

Have you gotten rid of the custom sub box yet? I’d love to take it off your hands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 OB 2.5 Ltd, No Eyesight, No Navigation
3,461 Posts
Nice ride. Did you test drive the 3.6R? I test drove the 3.6 and bought the 2.5. I am just wondering what other 2.5 owners did.

·
Registered
2018 Limited 2.5 No eyesight package/no navi
177 Posts
Beautiful car! Congrats!!

That splotch on the tire is something almost every car I've seen on the lots has. Probably used for some purpose during the manufacture process. It'll likely wear off with time. Since it doesn't affect the quality of the tire I wouldn't expect that they'd replace it.

I really love that tungsten color! I just wish they offered it with the black interior. I much prefer the black interior. If they did, this color would've been a serious contender when I bought mine!

Enjoy your sweet new ride and the upgrade!!

Every once in awhile my Harley shop would put a tire on my bike with blotches and writing on them from a white pen. That writing never wore off. If I see my car roll out with that on the tires, it will be rejected to be cleaned off.

I like the tungsten color too. I factory ordered my limited because all my dealership had was the light gray interior on everything less the touring. The light interior is too difficult to clean, especially if your active outdoors and have a dog. I don't understand when I did a factory order, why couldn't I pick a wilderness green or tungsten and get the black interior? Subaru is building a car with my accessories, why can't I have that change? I settled for twilight blue and black interior, but irked that I couldn't have a "factory special" done.

To the OP - Congrats on the new car!

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Every once in awhile my Harley shop would put a tire on my bike with blotches and writing on them from a white pen. That writing never wore off. If I see my car roll out with that on the tires, it will be rejected to be cleaned off.

I like the tungsten color too. I factory ordered my limited because all my dealership had was the light gray interior on everything less the touring. The light interior is too difficult to clean, especially if your active outdoors and have a dog. I don't understand when I did a factory order, why couldn't I pick a wilderness green or tungsten and get the black interior? Subaru is building a car with my accessories, why can't I have that change? I settled for twilight blue and black interior, but irked that I couldn't have a "factory special" done.

To the OP - Congrats on the new car!
That would not be a manageable situation to allow people to go outside the established options. I wanted a Limited with no moonroof and a no automatic rear gate. I understand how that is just not going to happen.

Further, the dealership cannot close a loan to you until they get the VIN and car in possession, right? So, the risk of you changing your mind is out there.

Still further, you can change the leather yourself with aftermarket leather for about a grand. Katzkin does a really good job.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Still further, you can change the leather yourself with aftermarket leather for about $1,200. Katzkin does a really good job.

Thanks, but I'm not interested in pouring more money into car seat covers that I have factory ordered and waited a long time for.

The dealership might be taking a risk that I will walk, but really? A green or tungsten color car with black interior wouldn't sell? IMHO, Subaru needs to dump one of the light colored interiors and offer black. People do have kids, dogs, and go to the woods in their limited.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Thanks, but I'm not interested in pouring more money into car seat covers that I have factory ordered and waited a long time for.

The dealership might be taking a risk that I will walk, but really? A green or tungsten color car with black interior wouldn't sell? IMHO, Subaru needs to dump one of the light colored interiors and offer black. People do have kids, dogs, and go to the woods in their limited.
Likewise, I can give you solid reasons for not wanting a moonroof or automatic rear gate. Anyway, when I select Tungsten on Truecar.com, I see black leather as an option. What is that all about?

If you really wanted dark leather, you should have negotiated with the dealer for Katzkin aftermarket. The dealer can get a better deal than you. You should have gotten their bottom line price in writing and then said “I want you to put in Katzkin aftermarket leather for $100.” If they said no, you should have gotten up to walk out. They would not let that deal walk out the door.

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,542 Posts
... when I select Tungsten on Truecar.com, I see black leather as an option. What is that all about?
Yep. Same for nadaguides.com. But for 2018 the official subaru.com web site shows only Warm Ivory interior available with Tungsten paint.

Reactions: Tail11

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Yep. Same for nadaguides.com. But for 2018 the official subaru.com web site shows only Warm Ivory interior available with Tungsten paint.

I bet it is not possible to get some of the options displayed on third party sites. They will let you pick whatever options you want and then link you to a car with a 85% match for example. Most people will see a good deal and compromise on what they want.

·
Registered
177 Posts

That is what I was referencing.

Jake - Not interested in switching things up if I can get what I want from the factory. I too did not want the moon roof.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts