Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum. 3 weeks ago took delivery of 2020 Outback Touring. Really like it so far with a couple of minor issues. Hate that start/stop thing. Obviously, I am not the only one...
One other thing - the CD player. I have no use for a CD player. MP3s on a thumb drive is a much better option, IMO. That said, has anyone given any thought to removing the CD player? It is just taking up space in the console I would have better use for. Can it be done?

·
Registered
Green 2020 Touring XT Outback
112 Posts
If you look at the instructions you might think twice about it. There are different parts needed, so best case scenario would be finding another 2020 Outback Owner in your area that wants the CD player and has a day of free time to do the direct swap.

·
Registered
Green 2020 Touring XT Outback
112 Posts
If you look at the instructions you might think twice about it. There are different parts needed, so best case scenario would be finding another 2020 Outback Owner in your area that wants the CD player and has a day of free time to do the direct swap.

it can definitely be done. I’m leaving it be, myself although I agree I have no real use for it.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT
82 Posts
Welcome OP as I am also new to the forum with a 2020 Touring. I actually still have a collection of cds so having this comes in handy lol..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I understand and appreciate your preferences. But that tiny little console looks like it will only hold 4, maybe 6 CDs, and nothing else. Especially with that 12V outlet sticking out of the bottom. 😉

1 - 6 of 6 Posts