Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On several occasions the XM radio will not connect. Today i drove for 20 minutes and it never worked, however the FM/AM works. This has happened several times in the last few weeks and there is no pattern. I actually turned the vehicle off at a light and restarted, but to no avail.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

All replies are appreciated in advance.......

I can't Drive 55! Nor can I listen to Am/FM;)

·
Premium Member
2021 OB Touring, 2011 OB Premium
2,190 Posts
I have had this problem pretty consistently with the infotainment system in my 2021 2.5i Touring. I suspect, (if there is no separate Sirius XM module), that there is a problem with the CCU. Do you have the latest software update(s) installed in your infotainment system? If so, contact your dealership and ask them to check things out, and if that has been done, contact SOA and politely request a new CCU.

By the way, if you can, obtain a video of the failure and present it to the service advisor when you go to the dealership.

·
Registered
3 Posts
On several occasions the XM radio will not connect. Today i drove for 20 minutes and it never worked, however the FM/AM works. This has happened several times in the last few weeks and there is no pattern. I actually turned the vehicle off at a light and restarted, but to no avail.

I have a 2021 Outback.This is working for me, it’s a nuisance: before you turn off the car, switch to FM. When you start it, FM will play. Wait 20-30 seconds (I generally wait longer just because), then switch to Sirius. I’ve spoken with the service manager and plan to take the Outback to the dealer yet again, now armed with this discovery. I’d be curious to know if it works for anyone else.

·
Premium Member
2021 OB Touring, 2011 OB Premium
2,190 Posts
I have a 2021 Outback.This is working for me, it’s a nuisance: before you turn off the car, switch to FM. When you start it, FM will play. Wait 20-30 seconds (I generally wait longer just because), then switch to Sirius. I’ve spoken with the service manager and plan to take the Outback to the dealer yet again, now armed with this discovery. I’d be curious to know if it works for anyone else.
I have tried this very same thing, however Sirius XM would not, under any circumstances, play at all unless I performed a reset of the infotainment system. Then Sirius XM would work - - for a while until it did it again. I'm waiting on an official response from SOA on a requested replacement of my CCU.

·
Registered
2022 Outback Touring XT
36 Posts
I have this intermittently. I wonder if it has something to do with the 10 favorite channels that you can set up that will automatically go to the start of the song when you tune in. I have to think that on start up it has to buffer all of that information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am a geek by profession and have 2 comments.....
1) They are made by imperfect Humans, that explains a lot!
2 ) Be glad (that for the most part) computers in cars are reliable. Otherwise there would be a lane to pull over and restart! :LOL:

·
Registered
2022 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
13 Posts
This seems to work for me. Only time XM does not work is when I turn off my OB with XM playing. Does not happen every time, so I’m not sure that is going on with the software.

·
Registered
20 Outback Premium; former 19 Outback Premium, 85 GL Wagon, 87 GL-10 Wagon
3,585 Posts

I've experienced this on rare occasions with older software versions. Have you updated your software to the latest? It's been trouble-free for me.

Some Wilderness owners have been reporting issues that have been eliminated on the rest of the Outback trims. It's as if Subaru took an older version of the software as the baseline for the Wilderness, so hopefully a future update will catch up.

·
Registered
2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness Edition, Geyser Blue
27 Posts

I experienced a similar problem a few weeks ago while driving to work- The SiriusXM channel information displayed, but there was no sound. At the first red light I came to, I turned the car off. When I started the car again the problem persisted. After driving in silence for another 10 minutes, I decided to try out FM radio thinking that it might just be a problem with the SiriusXM signal. FM came on just fine though strangely enough it was not a station I remember listening to. I switched back to SiriusXM and to my surprise the sound had returned. Since then I haven’t had any problems although I did have the dealer update the system recently when the car went in for it’s 18,000 mile maintenance. Fingers crossed, it seems to be working fine now.
Thinking back over the past year of ownership, I believe I’ve been fortunate to not have as many problems with the infotainment system as others- I believe CarPlay has caused most of the crashes I’ve encountered, but again, after the most recent update I’ve had no problems.

Hope you’re issues are resolved by an update if you haven’t gotten one already.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have a Crosstrek and a Legacy, both 2022 with new Xm outfit on new infotainment display. Since about two weeks ago xm would not come on at all. Refresh does not help. It sometimes comes on on its own and then crickets for days. Both cars experience the same thing. No modification has been done on either vehicle. I've heard in the past that regional updates have been performed on certain groups of vehicles. If it helps, I live in Florida.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I believe it's Subaru's new 2022 infotainment update. I've never had a problem with Sirius radio in my 2020 Subaru Outback until I did the update. Hoping Subaru is aware and finds a solution sooner than later. I hate paying for a subscription I can't use.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I believe it's Subaru's new 2022 infotainment update. I've never had a problem with Sirius radio in my 2020 Subaru Outback until I did the update. Hoping Subaru is aware and finds a solution sooner than later. I hate paying for a subscription I can't use.
Got an email response from Subaru: “See your local factory trained experts”🤷🏻‍♂️

1 - 14 of 14 Posts