Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if I've ever posted much on this forum. Long time lurker, but even longer time Legacy owner.
Bit about my history...first got started in the Subaru culture and ownership with an 02 legacy L sedan. Nothing to crazy, tried to make a Blitzen replica with a spin. Then wanted some power, so insert my purchase of the 's2baru' my '10 limited GT. Quite a bit done there and **** of an adventure with it in the 6 years or ownership. Featured car on Cobb's website and also ImportImage Racing. Been to Subiefest and WickedBigMeet with it. Currently under some engine woes and recent JDM revA-C conversion.
During the down time I had a 91 SS manual sedan. By far one of the most fun cars I've owned!
Next in line is my 05 na legacy wagon. No thrills here, just a solid dd. Purchased an 05 GT sedan to have as a parts car with no engine or trans and most of it is long gone now and sitting with a soon trip to the crusher.
Recently this past fall I had the itch to get back into a first gen so I purchased a super clean 93 touring wagon with a few JDM add-ons to be installed. Which I still own, but doesn't see the road much. I'll probably be selling it this coming spring. Mostly because of my latest purchase.
Found this pretty lady with 52k and been enjoying it since last Sunday. No thrills yet except for I picked up a set of Bilsteins with Swift springs than might be put on sometime in the future.
As you can tell I'm a bit of a fanatic. I'll be popping in from time to time to see what others have done. Maybe some pointers or two! Cheers!
Meanwhile some pictures for entertainment

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,212 Posts
updated thread title,

plenty of 08 bean 3.0s on here, but 91-94 turbo anything is sweet and rare to see.

______

so you went to the wicked big meet in Connecticut , but your plates say Idaho? (that is some driving).

on your 02 sedan, is that just a baja turbo hood with no "go fast" parts underneath it.?

I see your red sedan there has slush/ sand mud under it, ...I don't think I would drive such a vintage car out in the salt.:surprise:
(I have not seen a 1990-94 subaru of any kind out on the road in years ...all rusted away where I live in upstate NY).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wondered how that changed. No worries!

Yes I've traveled quiet a bit with my GT, at wicked big meet they gave me an award for furthest driven. I stopped to pick up my good friend in Kansas (Zero1) who owns one of two, s402 conversions in the US. So we made the adventure together back in ,2015. My trip to Cali was in 2012 iirc. Indeed ALOT of miles. Scoobapoolxa in St.Lous, Rocky mountain Subie fest in Denver, Big Northwest Meet in Portland/Seattle multiple times as well.
My 02, was just exactly that, a Baja hood redone. Had a wicked stereo and then some interior changes. Just wheels, intake, stromung exhaust was all really. I loved that car. Sold it with 232k
My red SS was a little busted up in the back but it was fun! AutoX'd with even with 400treadwaar tires and beat up onsome stage3 bros lol. Not always the car, but the driver! My 93 Wagon is a true gem. Not alot of salt out this way to ruin vehicles. I' Purchased a good friend in Colorado and drove it home. I regretfully sold my red one and took me three years to decide to buy another. Sadly I'll be selling it soon too :(. I need funds for a home and repairs on my '10.

·
Registered
11 Posts
updated thread title,
but 91-94 turbo anything is sweet and rare to see.
I gotta agree, those old turbo Subaru's were a blast, sick power to weight ratio!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
updated thread title,
but 91-94 turbo anything is sweet and rare to see.
I gotta agree, those old turbo Subaru's were a blast, sick power to weight ratio!
Just baby turbos on them the VF11 is the stock one. Iirc somewhere around 165hp output. Common swap is the td-04 with a WRX tmic. Boost controller up to 12-14 psi and they boogy pretty good. I have a JDM aeic waiting to go on it and a vf10 which is a hair bigger than a td-04 so should pick up 40hp is my guess. Be smoking stage 2 wrxs easily.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts