Subaru Outback Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2016, OB, 3.6R, Limited, Crystal White Pearl
32 Posts
Thanks, so with that, I will buy a bottle, try it and report back....

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Limited, No Eyesight, No Navigation
2,766 Posts
Order placed, arrives tomorrow.....
Avoid getting it on the clear parts (e.g., instrument panel, headunit, etc.). The one-star reviews say the spray caused a permanent cloud appearance. One dude messed up his Mercedes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Limited, No Eyesight, No Navigation
2,766 Posts
The spray probably literally includes adhesive, because that is part of the new car smell. lol

But I will be interested if this otherwise works. When I wash my car well, I can pretend I have a new car!

·
Registered
32 Posts
For me, I love sitting in the new cars while mine is being serviced. It makes me want to buy one! Very dangerous for me.

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
3,879 Posts
For me, I love sitting in the new cars while mine is being serviced. It makes me want to buy one! Very dangerous for me.
Gotta love impulse buys. I once got stuck in an extended traffic delay for construction right next to a car dealership. A used truck parked near the road caught my eye, and after a few minutes looking at it while waiting for traffic to get moving again I jumped out of line and ended up buying it. 😄

·
Registered
32 Posts
I wish I just had all of my down payments back over my lifetime!

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
5,582 Posts
Thanks, so with that, I will buy a bottle, try it and report back....
Goes to show that when there is a genuine market need, someone will step in and respond with a product, and it will sell.

Isn't capitalism great? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
6,842 Posts
I once got stuck in an extended traffic delay for construction right next to a car dealership. A used truck parked near the road caught my eye, and ... I jumped out of line and ended up buying it.
Question is ... Did it turn out to be a one night stand or a satisfying, long-term relationship?

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
3,879 Posts
Question is ... Did it turn out to be a one night stand or a satisfying, long-term relationship?
Well, despite getting royally screwed on the deal with my trade-in it still ranks in the top two of my favorite vehicles owned, maybe even number one depending on my mood. I was 20 years old and it was my first time dealing with a car dealership and let's just say they saw me coming. 😄 At the time I think they convinced me I got a great deal and I was happy with it at the time so I guess that's all that really matters. It wasn't until years later when I came across the paperwork and got to looking at the numbers that I realized I had no clue what I was doing at the time. I don't remember exactly but I think they basically got my trade-in for nothing and I still paid what they were asking for the truck. It may not have been quite that bad but it was close.

It was a 1978 Ford F150 short bed 4X4. Since I still think the '77 to '79 F-series trucks are the best looking trucks ever built it isn't surprising that it caught my eye and I fell in love with it. I don't have any good pics handy but I did come across this one recently:

That was after my failed attempt at driving down a snowmobile trail along side of the road. That is my friend Jeff in the picture with the shovel with his '77 Chevy Impala in the background. He sold me that car a few months later before he joined the Navy and that began another of my car obsessions with the '77 to '79 Impalas and Caprices (I'm noticing a pattern to the years of my favorite vehicles here).

Anyway, despite taking a beating on the purchase I don't remember having any problems with the truck and I kept it for around 6 years. That's right up there with the longest I have owned any vehicles so I guess I would categorize it as a satisfying, long-term relationship. I would jump at the chance to have it back today.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It took me a long time to help my wife understand
“A good deal is the one you think you got”.
She gets it now.....

41 - 54 of 54 Posts