Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'13 OB 3.6R Ltd
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i was at the dealership today, i noticed some of the '13 OB's have new conti procontacts on. tread pattern's different w/ not as deep & wide sipes. tread blocks look to be a more stable. sorry, should'a took a ph pic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, purchased mine two weeks ago and it came with the newer Pro-contact tires and they seem to be pretty good. I don't think I will replace them until they wear out. The thread pattern is similar to the newer Michelin Defender tires. I did start a separate thread about what would be a good size to upgrade to from the 215/70/16's on my base model. :)

·
Premium Member
'02 Bean H6, AWP & ORP, factory hitch
3,113 Posts
I have Conti ProContact eco plus on my 02 OBW. 30k mi on them and half a penny still disappears between the tread blocks. Great in the rain for me, have no idea about snow. And probably never will!

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
179 Posts
when i was at the dealership today, i noticed some of the '13 OB's have new conti procontacts on. tread pattern's different w/ not as deep & wide sipes. tread blocks look to be a more stable. sorry, should'a took a ph pic.
Yep...noticed this the other day at the NY Auto Show. The 2013 OB Subaru had on display was wearing Continental ProContact GX tires. Wonder if this was in response to steering complaints?

·
Registered
2017 Carbide Gray Metallic Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited, 2014 Venetian Red Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited (sold), 2011 Ruby Red Pearl 3.6R Outback Limited (sold)
181 Posts
So whats everyones opinion on the new Conti ProContact GX tires now coming with Outbacks? My 2014 came with GX's. I can't seem to find out much online. Nothing even on Continental's site. I was used to the Conti Pro's that came on the 2011's.

·
Registered
2013 Outback, 2.5i Limited w/ Moonroof
1,541 Posts
So whats everyones opinion on the new Conti ProContact GX tires now coming with Outbacks? My 2014 came with GX's. I can't seem to find out much online. Nothing even on Continental's site. I was used to the Conti Pro's that came on the 2011's.
The traction is good. I can't speak to the braking, as I have not put it through an emergency stop. Noise level is acceptable. They are noisier than the Michelin Destiny tires on my other car, but not too bad.

I can tell that tread wear is going to be pretty poor, nowhere near warranty. With 15,000 miles on the Outback's Conti's, and 19,000 miles on the Alero's Michelin's, the Michelin tires have more tread depth. They measured 6/32" on the Conti's and 8/32" on the Michelin's.

For me, my next set of tires will not have Continental on the blackwall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts