Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 OB 2.5i Limited
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2006 OB 2.5 I limited. Needing a few hundred dollars worth of parts including both front axles and rack and pinion, along with a few gaskets, seals, and belts to bring this used (but loved) OB from ‘good’ condition to ‘great’ and I’m wondering where to go (located in Canton, GA) as far as suggestions for online or brick and mortar. Where have you found fair prices and good service? I’m currently price shopping the main auto parts stores but anyone with experience please chime in!

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,193 Posts
for things like NGK plugs/ wires and a Aisin timing belt kit, or Denso o2 sensors I would go with Rock Auto or Amazon. as the local chains like to overcharge or are having a pissing contest with the best brands for subarus.

(like selling champion spark plugs as their sales computer says they will work,....as if you got a briggs and stratton engine there).

for subaru OEM stuff I have bought at Quirk in Massachusetts, and Hueberger in Colorado. after that look for the part # and see what other subaru dealers have for price (part + tax + freight), sometimes the biggest dealers come in cheaper with cheap freight then locals.

·
Registered
2000 & 2002 Outback Wagon EJ251/Auto + 2004 Outback LL Bean EZ30/Auto + 1996 Legacy Outback Wagon EJ22/5sp + 2008 Outback Wagon EJ253/Auto + 2004 Legacy Sedan 35th Anniv. EJ251/Auto (not OB) + 2005 O
159 Posts
I like subarupartsdeal.com for good prices on OEM parts. I did have a few contradictions as far as fitment goes for some Gen 1 parts, but otherwise I have received excellent service from them so far.

Reactions: GoonersBlueWagon

·
Registered
2000 Outback, 2006 Outback XT LTD, 2005 Legacy GT LTD
45 Posts
I'm restoring a 2000 OB and having same issues. Replacing seals, boots, bolts, screws, trim, parts, parts and more parts. Try setting up a wholesale account with local dealer or I'll be glad to include you on my next order if you like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts