Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here, I've been into Subaru's for the past 9 years or so. Started with a 1993 JDM WRX which I owned and drove daily for 6 years, then upgraded to an 04 Forester XT for practical reasons. And then recently upgraded to a brand new 2017 Outback 2.5i Touring for even more practical reasons. I'm enjoying the nice luxury ride compared to my Forester, and it comes with approx 40% improved fuel economy and only req 87 octane instead of 91!

I won't ramble more, I'm gonna make a thread in the gallery section of my current Outback and previous Subaru along with my favorite car, my JZX100.

Thanks.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,204 Posts
I had to look that "chaser" up to see if it was a motorcycle.

so its a butched up JDM toyota camry.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah pretty much except its actually the newer Toyota Cressida that Toyota stopped selling in 1992 or whatever year it was. In Japan the Cressida was sold as a Chaser, Mark II and Cresta instead. But also had the option of having a 2.5L straight six turbo (1JZ-GTE vvti) and a factory option 5spd manual R154 like in the turbo supra's. I've got enough posts for images, so here's mine. Unmodified, I left it stock looking.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,204 Posts
Yeah pretty much except its actually the newer Toyota Cressida that Toyota stopped selling in 1992 or whatever year it was. In Japan the Cressida was sold as a Chaser, Mark II and Cresta instead. But also had the option of having a 2.5L straight six turbo and a factory option 5spd manual R154 like in the turbo supra's. I've got enough posts for images, so here's mine. Unmodified, I left it stock looking.

how much do they costs? how fast in the quarter mile ? how fast on top speed?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I'm not entirely sure on those numbers but the factory 5spd models sell for significantly more then the automatics which most of them were. The Tourer V trim like mine which is the 1jzgte vvti motor with a factory 5spd sells for around 500-750k jpy. The price is still reasonable since they aren't legal to import into USA yet. That would be for the JZX100 years of late 96-01 or so. The next generation was the JZX110 sold only as a Mark II and Verossa would be more money.

As far as performance I'm not too sure, top speed in factory form was only 180km/hr due to the govern in the ecu which was pretty standard across JDM cars. I imagine quarter mile being somewhere like mid to high 13's stock in manual but I'm not sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts