Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 wrx
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey All!

Pretty simple premise, I'll occasionally post an up close picture of some detail on a Subaru (think wheel, interior feature, design detail) and you guess what Subaru it is. Be specific in your guesses. Just saying Outback (and even though this is the Outback forum, they could be any Pleiades) won't cut it. Go for Year/ Gen and/or Trim Level, etc... be as specific as possible. And if it isn't a wheel, what is it a picture of?

No dirty tricks like aftermarket parts. But I'll hope to make them harder as we go. No Prizes for the Winner (as judged by me, muah-hah-ha!>:)) but you get bragging rights and a like, which is better. Good luck and have fun! :smile2:

-JMart

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,221 Posts
I can I post dirty tricks?

You can't use my car or sig for clues tho....

·
Premium Member
I has car.
4,621 Posts
It's all fun and games until one of the old timers posts a pic of a flash to pass center headlight on an 82 GL.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,845 Posts
It's all fun and games until one of the old timers posts a pic of a flash to pass center headlight on an 82 GL.

got a guess without resorting to a image search for one something like this? ...and what engine did it have? (and yes I realize it is right on the pic title which I am not going to rename). ...with that asymmetrical wheel it looks almost like a frenchie Citroen concept car vs. anything subaru would have actually made on a production line.

·
Premium Member
I has car.
4,621 Posts
XT Coupe. Digital dash would mean 1.8 turbo or GL10 trim. . can't remember if they made a GL10 that wasn't turbo. Probably an 85-86 variant as clued in by the blue font on some of the control stalk buttons.

I had a few of those back in the day. . . in fact when I joined this site several years ago and people kept talking about using "XT" parts to upgrade their 3rd gen Outbacks I was like "wtf?!?!?"

(not knowing of the existence of the Outback and Forester XT as they were above my pay grade at the time).

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,845 Posts
XT Coupe. Digital dash would mean 1.8 turbo or GL10 trim. . can't remember if they made a GL10 that wasn't turbo. Probably an 85-86 variant as clued in by the blue font on some of the control stalk buttons.

I had a few of those back in the day. . . in fact when I joined this site several years ago and people kept talking about using "XT" parts to upgrade their 3rd gen Outbacks I was like "wtf?!?!?"

(not knowing of the existence of the Outback and Forester XT as they were above my pay grade at the time).
1986 XT H4 turbo. here is where the pic came from,....nice looking car for being in Minesnowta. (hopefully garage kept, and parked period over the winters all these years)

I chose the image looking for one like it with a image search,...but
this site is some kind of low volume classic cars bid site,....? (bring a trailer = BaT? ) nice looking stuff.

Seven Months Later: 74k-Mile 1986 Subaru XT Turbo | Bring a Trailer

·
Premium Member
2006 wrx
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks- Whats your status on incoming Foresters. There seems to be serious shortage in CO. I'm interested in a 17 Premium with eyesight only.

Serious shortage sums it up pretty well. August was a huge month across the state :crazyeye: and we had to move on to pre-selling our September allocation and now we do not have any Forester Premiums w/ EyeSight

The good news is that we have a huge allocation for Heuberger coming in October. As of this morning 27 Premium Package 14 (EyeSight & All Weather) with 21 still available.

I would be glad to get you details along with pricing and availability of the color(s) you are looking for. If you follow the Quote Request link in my signature I can get that to you via email.

-JMart

·
Premium Member
I has car.
4,621 Posts
During the early months of my tenure in the parts dept, one of the other parts monkeys from the Chrysler dealer in town (who had previously worked in Subaru parts) called for price and availability of a radiator hose for a Subaru 360.

I honestly started flipping through the parts catalog before the "haaaaay. . . .shenanigans!" moment kicked in.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,845 Posts
During the early months of my tenure in the parts dept, one of the other parts monkeys from the Chrysler dealer in town (who had previously worked in Subaru parts) called for price and availability of a radiator hose for a Subaru 360.

I honestly started flipping through the parts catalog before the "haaaaay. . . .shenanigans!" moment kicked in.
2 stroke air cooled power plant.

@traildogck should really really get one,..
=gravity feed fuel like a house generator,...so no need for a fuel pump to meter or be pestered by.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_360

·
Registered
2016 3.6R Outback; tungsten metallic with E/S and every option. I also have a Samsung Note 8 smartphone for trouble-free Bluetooth functionality.
1,367 Posts
Hey All!

Pretty simple premise, I'll occasionally post an up close picture of some detail on a Subaru (think wheel, interior feature, design detail) and you guess what Subaru it is. Be specific in your guesses. Just saying Outback (and even though this is the Outback forum, they could be any Pleiades) won't cut it. Go for Year/ Gen and/or Trim Level, etc... be as specific as possible. And if it isn't a wheel, what is it a picture of?

No dirty tricks like aftermarket parts. But I'll hope to make them harder as we go. No Prizes for the Winner (as judged by me, muah-hah-ha!>:)) but you get barging rights, which is better. Good luck and have fun! :smile2:

-JMart
Barging rights? In whose house or shop do we get to barge in unmolested? Bring on more pics, I'm in. Better not be too far from me.

·
Master Caster
16,221 Posts

I had a few of those back in the day. . . .
I had one, my 1st Subaru. My sister called "the Enterprise" cause of the dash and the air-suspension.

·
Master Caster
16,221 Posts
@traildogck should really really get one,..
=gravity feed fuel like a house generator,...so no need for a fuel pump to meter or be pestered by.
Gravity Feed...good for 60mph...I would be the Subaru in CO in everyone's way.

·
Premium Member
2006 wrx
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Barging rights? In whose house or shop do we get to barge in unmolested? Bring on more pics, I'm in. Better not be too far from me.
You got me, poor spelling and lack of proofreading is a bad combination... you can use this app to find the places you can barge in unmolested* : Homepage | Pokémon Go

*unmolested not a guarantee, use at someone else's risk

-JMart

·
Registered
2016 3.6R Outback; tungsten metallic with E/S and every option. I also have a Samsung Note 8 smartphone for trouble-free Bluetooth functionality.
1,367 Posts
Too bad there isn't a "like 100" button, your response qualified.

Bring on the next picture,

1 - 20 of 33 Posts