Subaru Outback Forums banner

1861 - 1880 of 1948 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Outback 2.0XT Limited
77 Posts
Just put a deposit today on a beautiful 2009 Outback XT Limited 5spd. No real big plans with it other than exhaust and intake. Maybe a tune.

Dustin
@Dustinterry102
Def get the tune, include it in your build cost.

I did only exhaust without a tune and it resulted in a lean on cyl 2 and zero compression.

Because of the uncertainty of my failure, whether exhaust valve or ringlands, I went with a 2.0 ej20y jdm Swap.

These cars are very sensitive to flow changes.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
2006 Subaru XT Limited
16 Posts
Hello everyone I am finally an owner of a 2006 XT as of yesterday. Cant wait to do a complete service and refresh of fluids and slowly personalize this vehicle to my liking. Always wanted one of these and I was finally able to get one. Looking forward to be an active member of this community and help anyone is any way I can. :)(y)

·
Registered
2006 Subaru XT Limited
16 Posts
Hello everyone I am finally an owner of a 2006 XT as of yesterday. Cant wait to do a complete service and refresh of fluids and slowly personalize this vehicle to my liking. Always wanted one of these and I was finally able to get one. Looking forward to be an active member of this community and help anyone is any way I can. :)(y)

Forgot to mention it is a MT.

·
Registered
2006 Subaru XT Limited
16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a 2007 5-speed manual outback (non-turbo) last year as my commuter, and have enjoyed driving it. Unfortunately, it's developed the P0420 error code over the past few months. I've reset it by disengaging the battery; however it returns after a few days. I'd like to fix it myself if possible, as I'll be looking to sell the car in the spring (we're moving overseas). Thanks and happy to meet!

·
Registered
2006 Subaru XT Limited
16 Posts
Itll be used for daily commuting, some spirted driving and fun in the snow hah while my other two cars are being stored. Suspension wise its BC BR coilovers, Eibach upgraded front and rear sway bars, and pretty much every bushing is gone to polyurethane. Solid pitch stop with group n trans and engine mounts

Motor wise its stock block, Invidia uel header, upipe, dp and catback. But ill be selling the header, uppipe and downpipe

Evans can you give some info on how you got the STi brembos to work on the OBXT? I was searching on how to do this. I will be getting some STi wheels for winter tires and would like to put on some brembos as I don't like the spongy feel of my pedal. Car looks great too.

·
Registered
2006 Subaru XT Limited
16 Posts
Hey guys is there a thread that gives maintenance issues I should address. I am 133K and have seen the turbo banjo filter and restrictor pill so far. Is there somewhere on here that lists the things that need to be looked when at high mileage?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello all,

I'm joining in here today because I'm planning to put my Subaru on the road in the near future. It's a 2009 Subaru Outback with 2.5L AT and over 253K on the clock. The previous owner said the motor was replaced. CarFax says the front right corner was in a bender, and there's evidence to support that.

So over the past months, I've changed the rear driveshaft u-joints, front right CV drive axle, left rear hard brake line, left rear strut tower, and anti sway bar end links all around. Sealed up a vacuum leak off the air chamber that's connected to the throttle body, too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys! I have an 05 OBXT x) ! I love the car, I got it almost 3 years ago. I am having to replace the turbo, there is a horrible sound coming out of it and at 140k miles I think is necessary. Anyone here has 1 for sale? Or any recommendations?

·
Registered
2006 Subaru Outback 2.5XT
37 Posts

I guess I didn’t notice this thread before, so here goes! This is my 06 OBXT! I’ve had this car for a little less than 2 months.

So I will try to keep the story down to a minimum since she has a large story for the time I’ve had her. When I first bought it, the entire exhaust was just pipe, and it’s an automatic, so it was louder than any automatic should be. When I replaced the pipe with mufflers and resonator, she was knocking, the exhaust was so loud previous to that, that I didn’t notice. I did a motor swap from an 07 LGT parts car that I bought just for this purpose. Emissions changed over that 1 year of Subie so I needed to swap intakes over too, removed the butterflies in the TGV while I was there and replaced all the gaskets. Once I got the engine started after the swap it still had a misfire in cylinder 4 that was previously existing. Since I knew plug and coil were good, I went to swapping the injectors from 2-4 and ended up breaking my known good injector. So long story short I ended up getting a great set from my local forum for cheap and put them in. So now after a couple of months, officially as of 2 days ago, I finally get to enjoy this beautiful piece of machinery!

The car came without a grill too, and I liked the look of the LGT grill so in it went! Many many many hours of labour I put into this car and now finally enjoying the results. Just can’t replace the time a had to spend away from my wife and kids, that is truly the downside.

·
Registered
09 Outback XT 5MT ‘11 F150 Lariat Limited ‘97 Mustang Cobra Convertible ‘90 Thunderbird SC
8 Posts
New here. Still trying to find the right car. Will post when I finally purchase.

·
Registered
2005 Subaru Outback
7 Posts
Nice seeing all the cars posted here. I've had a 2005 Outback in ugly champagne for about 10 months now. I put a new hub on it and swapped the suspension out for some new KYBs with King lifting springs for just a touch extra height. I have a lot of service to do on it. I think I have a brake dragging, there's a P0420 code that I'm not in a hurry to fix because it's running fine for now (I think it is an exhaust leak but not for certain), and right now I'm trying to remove the fenders and bumper for some trimming, though I'm not sure I'm going to go through with it. Which is what brought me here but that's for a different thread.

·
Registered
2006 Subaru Outback 2.5XT
37 Posts
2008 outback 2.5xt,
Ive been told its some sort of ltd edition, just imported from japan, have not seen this interior before, anyone offer some insight?
Wow I’m super jealous! I don’t have any insight however, it’s just beautiful!

·
Registered
2005 Outback XT 5MT
1 Posts
Hi all. I Picked a 2005 Outback XT 5MT , 150k miles about two weeks ago. Not sure the color but its a goldish-tanish-greenish thing and I love it. Already took it on a road trip and it cruised along great. Trying to figure out if it has mods on it as it pulls really hard...almost lifts between 2-3-4 gear. I've owned a number of turbo cars and this one is near the top of my list.
Now I just need to pass the Maryland state inspection...
Thanks and look forward to a few upgrades for durability and reliability. Eat Dirt.

·
Registered
2013 Impreza Sport, 2003 Toyota Highlander 3.0 FWD, 2009 Outback XT Limited 5MT - R.I.P.
377 Posts
Hi all. I Picked a 2005 Outback XT 5MT , 150k miles about two weeks ago.
Welcome to the neverending headache that is the turbo Outback.

You're in for one wild ride!

·
Registered
2013 Impreza Sport, 2003 Toyota Highlander 3.0 FWD, 2009 Outback XT Limited 5MT - R.I.P.
377 Posts
New here. Still trying to find the right car. Will post when I finally purchase.
Are you looking for an XT? I'm not here to discourage I promise, but I was burned after 3 years...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Missing Nigel today, the Impreza just isn't the same...

1861 - 1880 of 1948 Posts