Subaru Outback Forums banner

1921 - 1930 of 1930 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Outback XT (5MT)
62 Posts
Picked up my 09 XT last Friday. 5MT! Engine has been rebuilt so I can mostly rest easy on that front. Worked out a few kinks on my 1000mi trip home but still chasing some. Vac lines and such. Trying to get the engine performance where it should be, then I can move on to the things that need immediate attention.... Like suspension... Pretty sure every bushing on this car is original, and it now has 124k on it. Front struts feel a little soft, and front left creaks... Even when I get in and out. Looking forward to getting this thing in great shape!

·
Registered
2008 OBXT Limited 5MT
6 Posts
Just bought an 08 XT Limited 5MT with newly rebuilt engine and a whole bunch of goodies. More to follow on that.

The only things wrong with it are the classic evap system leak/gas cap loose code which has come on a couple times so I've got a new cap coming to see if that solves it, and I've got the vdc off light constantly illuminated with no other lights or codes shown via the accessport or the built in ecm/tcm/abs reader. Still have a couple things to try on that before having to take it to the dealership to read a vdc code.

·
Registered
2009 Outback XT (5MT)
62 Posts
Just bought an 08 XT Limited 5MT with newly rebuilt engine and a whole bunch of goodies. More to follow on that.

The only things wrong with it are the classic evap system leak/gas cap loose code which has come on a couple times so I've got a new cap coming to see if that solves it, and I've got the vdc off light constantly illuminated with no other lights or codes shown via the accessport or the built in ecm/tcm/abs reader. Still have a couple things to try on that before having to take it to the dealership to read a vdc code.
Congrats on your purchase! Did you happen to pick this up south of Denver?

·
Registered
2 Posts
New owner as of 5days ago with a question(s) already. Car is a gem with full repair history in a freakin' huge file and I'm loving it...BUT, I hate the stock Sub wheels. I've looked at Methods and they're nice but I'd like to have something that isn't seen on the regular but still has that "rallyish" look. I found a cool wheel I haven't seen mentioned on this forum, the Centerline Pangea 17x8 +35. Anyone familiar with this wheel? Second part of the question: I'm hoping to run Falken Wildpeaks in as close to stock tire size as possible and wondering if I'll have any problems with an 8" wide wheel and these tires in terms of possible rubbing. Thanks for the help and really appreciate the forum and the incredible knowledge it offers.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
New owner as of 5days ago with a question(s) already. Car is a gem with full repair history in a freakin' huge file and I'm loving it...BUT, I hate the stock Sub wheels. I've looked at Methods and they're nice but I'd like to have something that isn't seen on the regular but still has that "rallyish" look. I found a cool wheel I haven't seen mentioned on this forum, the Centerline Pangea 17x8 +35. Anyone familiar with this wheel? Second part of the question: I'm hoping to run Falken Wildpeaks in as close to stock tire size as possible and wondering if I'll have any problems with an 8" wide wheel and these tires in terms of possible rubbing. Thanks for the help and really appreciate the forum and the incredible knowledge it offers.
I saw your earlier posts about the wheels and wanted to say I do like the look but I'm not sure about the offset and how it might affect the front wheels at full lock, or the wheel bearings over time.

There's another thread about 35 offset wheels but for a different generation of Outback, but the issues are similar:

Edit: This guy is running 35 offset on a Gen 3

·
Registered
2008 OBXT; 2007 Spec.B; 2003 WRX
18 Posts
Hi All! Just recently picked up a tastefully modified 08 OBXT, 5MT. Just got her tuned for weak sauce CA 91 and put down 299 HP and 298 ft-lbs...not too shabby! Next on the list are wheels, tires, suspension, racks, and lights - hopefully coming soon. Going for a slightly lifted daily driver/trailhead battlewagon (I'm a backpacker and mountain biker). I've learned a ton from this community already and can't wait to dive in more, and hopefully make some contributions!

Uploaded photo:

·
Registered
2008 OBXT; 2007 Spec.B; 2003 WRX
18 Posts
For some reason I can't see the image - bet it's sweet!
Probably some silly setting or prefix with my Google Photos link - sometimes it works, sometimes not.

I went ahead and just uploaded the pic, hopefully that works. She's stock on the outside...for now...

Edit:
I see the image now and it's sweet!
Excellent, and thank you! As soon as I sell the ol' Bugeye she's gonna get some tasty upgrades 🤘

1921 - 1930 of 1930 Posts