Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
05 ll bean 6 smooth cylinders of acceleration!
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sold our Jetta and my little lady wants an 05 or newer H6. I've been researching and finding out the common subie issues. Anything I should be looking for specifically would help out a lot. I'm the son of a diesel mechanic/swamp yankee farmer. This means no matter how much I dislike turning wrenches I've been doing it my whole life! So I'm the maintenance dept. on anything she breaks.
Scott

·
Premium Member
2008 Subaru Tribeca
895 Posts
Welcome aboard!
Get it on a lift and check the front timing chain cover, usually leaking. Oil cooler O-ring can be messy. Check the head gaskets too, typical subaru leak.
Front hydro bushings should be checked, and all the other usual parts,(brakes, struts, etc)

·
Registered
2008 Ford Escape XLS - 2002 Subaru Outback
246 Posts
Vermont! Welcome fellow Vermont'er
Everything stated there ^ and any pre-signs of rust, chipping paint and what not.

Used 2007 Subaru Outback 3.0R For Sale in Manchester NH | 4S4BP86C774318846

One of the better ones around it looks like. There is a salesperson Gary that works there that is A+ and big into Subarus, most likely could go lower. (even know that is a **** good price)

·
Registered
05 ll bean 6 smooth cylinders of acceleration!
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. The one in manchester sounds good but really looking for a wagon. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on an 05 with 131k. Guy is asking 9900. Needs something in front end. He already did sway bar links, he is telling me it is strut mount bearings. I feel he is right about it. It has got new aftermarket front axles. It vibrates pretty good stopped in gear. I've read this is normal on an the aftermarkets. Idle drops pretty hard when you turn the wheel parked as well. Is there any thing in the power steering system I should be looking for beside leaks and low fluid? Body seems to be rust free. Sending the boss(the little lady) down to talk cash with him tomorrow. Thanks again guys!
Scott

·
Registered
2008 Ford Escape XLS - 2002 Subaru Outback
246 Posts
Could be the altenator isn't making enough power at low RPMs, so it's almost stalling out the engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts