Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
2003 Outback Legacy Wagon, 2.5 H-4 normally aspirated engine
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, new guy here. I have had my outback for about a week and absolutley love it. It is the family ride, but the wife is going to let me play with it a little bit. We will be taking it to germany here in a few months, and will be there for three years. Any suggestions on setting it up for the autobaun, or problems I need to watch out for? I will return to lurking now, just wanted to introduce myself.

SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 105,000+ miles
You're an Air Force guy I'm guessing? If so I'd just like to say hi from Offutt AFB in Omaha, NE :D And where are you going to in Germany?

Tokyo's between my toes
2001 Wintergreen Outback 5MT
I think the front corner yellow lights are illegal in Germany.

After visiting Lithuania last year, I'm convinced the OB is the perfect car for that place.

Registered
2003 Outback Legacy Wagon, 2.5 H-4 normally aspirated engine
Discussion Starter #4
I am stationed at little rock, yeah, I am air force. Do you know any firefighters out there? We are going to spangdahlam (Sp?) in april. We needed a big family car (I have 9 month old twins) and I wanted something that could handle the roads. I have been thrilled with this car since we bought it. I will get pics up when I can. Thanks for the heads up on the lights. Know where I can find clear ones?

Tokyo's between my toes
2001 Wintergreen Outback 5MT
I don't know if there are some sort of dummy plugs that can replace the lights/reflectors, maybe some of the European members of this board can inform us.

The thing that I noticed in Lithuania was how every environment other than a modern expressway was made for the OB in particular. Whether on the lumpy and knobby cobblestone streets in the old cities, or the gravel roads winding through glacial hills and valleys, the Subaru drivetrain would be the crawler I'd want to have. And I was there in August, I haven't seen winter there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts