Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 CrossTrek & 2007 Shelby GT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, first time posting. I have a '15 CrossTrek and am thinking of trading for 3.6 Outback so....I'm here to get some information. Mostly, I'll be lurking and generally being a sponge. I know they're totally different vehicles but my short list contains th Outbact Touring and the Toyota 4Runner. Looking forward to learning what I can about the OB.

Jim

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Touring
346 Posts
I've had 2 4Runners and a Tundra in the past so was kind of a Toyota guy. I test drove a 2017 4Runner Limited and a 2018 Outback Touring. I actually didn't like the ride of the new 4 Runner. I got the Outback for several reasons, price, safety features, mileage, comfort. Only thing I miss is sitting up high. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
2015 CrossTrek & 2007 Shelby GT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^^
Yes, Toyota guy myself having had 9 before, including a 94 and 97 4Runner and my last, a 2001 Tundra. Great vehicles but I haven't driven the latest versions.
I live in the mountains of SW Virginia, about 2 miles up a poorly maintained dirt road with the last 1/4 mile being extremely steep. So, a tough AWD or 4WD is a necessity. I'm pretty much sold on Subaru as my CrossTrek has been great. The fuel mileage gives the Outbact a definite advantage over the 4Runner. I'm not in any rush and need to test drive both before making any decision. I expect the OB to win out in the ride department and the 4Runner in the toughness aspect. Thanks for your input.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,486 Posts
^^^^
Yes, Toyota guy myself having had 9 before, including a 94 and 97 4Runner and my last, a 2001 Tundra. Great vehicles but I haven't driven the latest versions.
I live in the mountains of SW Virginia, about 2 miles up a poorly maintained dirt road with the last 1/4 mile being extremely steep. So, a tough AWD or 4WD is a necessity. I'm pretty much sold on Subaru as my CrossTrek has been great. The fuel mileage gives the Outbact a definite advantage over the 4Runner. I'm not in any rush and need to test drive both before making any decision. I expect the OB to win out in the ride department and the 4Runner in the toughness aspect. Thanks for your input.
nothing wrong with rounding up a cheap old pickup to complement a outback either.
something to put abnormally big/ heavy/ messy/ smelly loads into,...and use just enough to keep it running good.

Reactions: Pastor passum

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've got a '99 4Runner and will be switching to Outback. Giving up some clearance height and cargo room, but gaining Apple Play and better fuel mileage. Biggest thing I think I will miss from the 4Runner is the power rear window. That has allowed me to load all kinds of long cargo in the 4Runner, something that won't be possible in the Outback unless it can be strapped to the top. Maybe I can get a few 2x4's in by adjusting the front seat, but not many. I also like the rear gate PIN code thing on the Limited model, wish it was available on the Premium as if it was I would get that trim.

I did make one post on the Outback MSRP thread, but hasn't been approved yet. How long does that take?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts